Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Howard Law

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Well. Got a word that dealer killed my transmission.
Had normal AT service done last week on the van. Took on a Memorial trip drive, put 1300 miles on it. Thought I was being careful, so I had it serviced before the trip.
This past Friday, a week after service, it had problems shifting and threw a couple of codes.
Today my mechanic told me it was leaking from the pan seal and was a quart and a half low.
Dealer says there is no way driving for 1300 miles with fluid being that low will cause issues.
Transmission was serviced every 40K miles. Van has 120K miles on it. It was its 3rd service.

Last edited:

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Well. Got a word that dealer killed my transmission.
Had normal AT service done last week on the van. Took on a Memorial trip drive, put 1300 miles on it. Thought I was being careful, so I had it serviced before the trip.
This past Friday, a week after service, it had problems shifting and threw a couple of codes.
Today my mechanic told me it was leaking from the pan seal and was a quart and a half low.
Dealer says there is no way driving for 1300 miles with fluid being that low will cause issues.
Transmission was serviced every 40K miles. Van has 120K miles on it. It was its 3rd service.
I don’t know your van or particular situation but it’s very important to only take your vehicle to someone you trust for service and repair.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I don’t know your van or particular situation but it’s very important to only take your vehicle to someone you trust for service and repair.
I used to trust them. They did prior 2 AT services with no issues. My mechanic is very good, but he is a one man shop and was backed up. He is 100% honest.

I do all oil changes myself, used to service AT myself. But since everybody moved to sealed AT I am SOL.

Van is 2011 Town and Country. Oil changed every 5K with Group 3 and 4 synthetics, AT serviced every 40K. Replaced thermostat myself 3 years ago. Coolant serviced every 5 years or 50K miles, by me.
Brake fluid was swapped at 90K miles.