First Aid, Trauma kits & medical supplies discussion

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Just wait for the next lesson when I tell y’all about and how to perform a tracheotomy. Thats scary to do in the field
I actually did get some training on that, but for whatever reason, I still don't have a scalpel in any of my boxes ...

Reactions: KhyberPass

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Field medical stuff is super easy. Super basic. Just practice so you don’t forget. The issue is when you have to perform under pressure and then suddenly you don’t know to operate a band aid

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Copy, leave it to @Knight to be all sketch when giving advice. Am I the only one who envisions him showing up to a scene, a Coors in one hand and posting on SET in his right hand, with deft observations like "Damn, bet that hurt"?

I kid ;)

I can picture that clearly. Dude that’s awesome. I’m still laughing.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Getting back on track, do any of you guys have links / suggestions to some pre-built sets for general applications? Don't get me wrong, I've read through all the above, but wondering if there is a more basic kit (For those of us with just minimal training) that we could use as a "Starter" kit and then add on to?

Hope that makes sense.

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
Getting back on track, do any of you guys have links / suggestions to some pre-built sets for general applications? Don't get me wrong, I've read through all the above, but wondering if there is a more basic kit (For those of us with just minimal training) that we could use as a "Starter" kit and then add on to?

Hope that makes sense.
Band aids and rubbin alcohol, maybe some gauze pads lol

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Just don’t get shot in the chest lol but good luck applying a chest seal to yourself haha probably ain’t happening

I more envision being a third party to some shit going down and finding a dude slumped in a car or laid out swimming on pavement with a GSW to the chest and being able to apply to them
Thank god I never needed to use it, but I always kept chest seals & QC handy when I'd go to WMA ranges & such where you never knew what kind of firearms discipline people would have.

Of course, my hands are so shaky since the stroke, I'd prolly wind up getting the chest seal on some poor dude's face & not be able to unstick it.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Thank god I never needed to use it, but I always kept chest seals & QC handy when I'd go to WMA ranges & such where you never knew what kind of firearms discipline people would have.

Of course, my hands are so shaky since the stroke, I'd prolly wind up getting the chest seal on some poor dude's face & not be able to unstick it.
Hey just having it on you, even if you can apply it may be the difference between life and death if someone there has the motor-skills and know how but not the equipment m

band together like voltron!

• Love
Reactions: AirOpsMgr and Grunk

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Band aids and rubbin alcohol, maybe some gauze pads lol
lol, point taken. I guess I was speaking of the pre-packaged kits that @KhyberPass was posting earlier ... was just curious if there was a kit that covered the general basics for around the home or basic carry, but could be added on to (yet still usable as a supplement until one gained enough knowledge to get into the more advanced areas).

Pardon my ADD, I want to be prepared, but also don't want to over-step my abilities, or, not have enough of the basic stuff

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Hey just having it on you, even if you can apply it may be the difference between life and death if someone there has the motor-skills and know how but not the equipment m

band together like voltron!
Actually, i was surprised when Suz had a seizure 2 years ago, i was able to administer Narcan with one hand & call 911 with the other at the same time. :noidea:

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code

Hope that makes sense.

I have a couple from voodoo tactical that’s still sealed in plastic. Honestly, I don’t even know what’s in them. I guess I should check.

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Only matters where I'm going
lol, point taken. I guess I was speaking of the pre-packaged kits that @KhyberPass was posting earlier ... was just curious if there was a kit that covered the general basics for around the home or basic carry, but could be added on to (yet still usable as a supplement until one gained enough knowledge to get into the more advanced areas).

Pardon my ADD, I want to be prepared, but also don't want to over-step my abilities, or, not have enough of the basic stuff
Just fuckin with you, ima just bleed out or get a tiny cut infected and die from some small shit like that lol

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I was wrong. It’s a Norrth American rescue Mini IFAK Kit. I do have some voodoo tactical also. Somewhere.
Yep these are really good basic starter IFAK kits that are affordable and well stocked.

you can find em online and some places around us are really starting to embrace the idea and sell at the store front

I know truprep carries them (sell out fast) and Appalachian gun and pawn, possibly REI and outdoor recreation places like that.

for EDC I’m telling you the imminent threat solutions EDC trauma kit is the best to pocket or belt carry.

gloves, quick clot, And TQ. If you need a pressure dressing supplement or fashion a garment off of the person or yourself to make one.

Got it on me right now

image.jpg

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I'd be interested to read up on different kits & specific-use builds and what companies make decent (but affordable) kits. Looking forward to reading suggestions from those with real-life experience. I've always kept a couple of different types of kits, but I haven't rotated stock in a while & not sure what new innovations have come about in the past few years.
calling @AtlMedic where are you???