First Aid, Trauma kits & medical supplies discussion

GA Firing Line

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
I don't have any chest seals or anything that advanced in my box-O'-Bandaids, honestly haven't looked at adding anything other than what we were shown in our basic classes. Is this something I could competently apply as a rookie, or leave it out until trained?
100% ANYONE can use a chest seal. It’s essentially a giant clear bandaid that, as the name says, seals off the GSW. the whole thing is sticky.

take the protective plastic off the sticky side, and place the seal over the GSW as close to dented as you can.

you have now learned how to apply a chest seal

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Dude you wouldn’t believe how some people don’t know their equipment.

when we roll up to a homie who just got smacked in the chest with a 40cal and I tell you to grab a chest seal to stop a SCW, and you look at me like a deer in the headlights.....KNOW. YOUR. EQUIPMENT.
Y’all using only vented seals now days too huh

Reactions: Knight

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
100% ANYONE can use a chest seal. It’s essentially a giant clear bandaid that, as the name says, seals off the GSW. the whole thing is sticky.

take the protective plastic off the sticky side, and place the seal over the GSW as close to dented as you can.

you have now learned how to apply a chest seal
Check for exit wounds really well and seal the exit wound too

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Yes! Forgot that. Most GSW that I have gone too have no exit wound except the noggin.
DO NOT USE SEAL OR TOURNIQUET ON THE NOGGIN!!!

these are the ones I use and prefer to the ones we are issued at work

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I don't have any chest seals or anything that advanced in my box-O'-Bandaids, honestly haven't looked at adding anything other than what we were shown in our basic classes. Is this something I could competently apply as a rookie, or leave it out until trained?
@Knight is right but I can make it a bit more detailed if you like lolol

locate entrance wound , wipe away the blood that is pooling out. DO NOT PACK THE WOUND. Wipe away the blood to get a good seal, remove your chest seals.

I like the ones that are packaged two to a pack.

remove seal and knight is right, peel it off like a big ass sticker. It’s sticky AF.

apply with the vent (vent will be center of seal round circle looking) directly over the wound and seal around it.

flip em over and search really well for exit wound, it could be in a crazy spot so search. If you find it go ahead and same method apply the second seal over the exit wound

with the vented seals what you’ll see is as blood starts to pool up that reservoir will fill with the blood and then it will vent out like a star pattern through little Channels that are engineered into the seal and keep his lungs from filling up with blood

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Yes! Forgot that. Most GSW that I have gone too have no exit wound except the noggin.
DO NOT USE SEAL OR TOURNIQUET ON THE NOGGIN!!!

these are the ones I use and prefer to the ones we are issued at work

I use the same ones

43A6F12D-52D3-49D6-A1EF-30EFA5623D86.gif

Reactions: Balthaz and Knight

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Copy, leave it to @Knight to be all sketch when giving advice. Am I the only one who envisions him showing up to a scene, a Coors in one hand and posting on SET in his right hand, with deft observations like "Damn, bet that hurt"?

I kid ;)

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Copy, leave it to @Knight to be all sketch when giving advice. Am I the only one who envisions him showing up to a scene, a Coors in one hand and posting on SET in his right hand, with deft observations like "Damn, bet that hurt"?

I kid ;)
Not far off. Once went to a call where this man got his ass BEAT. Went up, asked what happen. Said he got in a fight. I looked at him and said, I take it you lost

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I’m super into first aid man the worst feeling in the world to me is surviving a gunfight against all odds only to succumb to a wound you sustained during the fight that could have been managed had you had the right equipment and training on hand.

what a waste

Last edited:

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
@Knight is right but I can make it a bit more detailed if you like lolol

locate entrance wound , wipe away the blood that is pooling out. DO NOT PACK THE WOUND. Wipe away the blood to get a good seal, remove your chest seals.

I like the ones that are packaged two to a pack.

remove seal and knight is right, peel it off like a big ass sticker. It’s sticky AF.

apply with the vent (vent will be center of seal round circle looking) directly over the wound and seal around it.

flip em over and search really well for exit wound, it could be in a crazy spot so search. If you find it go ahead and same method apply the second seal over the exit wound

with the vented seals what you’ll see is as blood starts to pool up that reservoir will fill with the blood and then it will vent out like a star pattern through little Channels that are engineered into the seal and keep his lungs from filling up with blood
Gotcha, doubt I have any real need for one, but then again, with my neighborhood getting pretty sketchy lately, good to know in case I get drunk and go on a med shopping spree ;)

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Gotcha, doubt I have any real need for one, but then again, with my neighborhood getting pretty sketchy lately, good to know in case I get drunk and go on a med shopping spree ;)
It weighs the same as a dollar Bill. Always have one on hand. Might be in a store when someone is shot, boom, you’re a hero now

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Just don’t get shot in the chest lol but good luck applying a chest seal to yourself haha probably ain’t happening

I more envision being a third party to some shit going down and finding a dude slumped in a car or laid out swimming on pavement with a GSW to the chest and being able to apply to them

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Just don’t get shot in the chest lol but good luck applying a chest seal to yourself haha probably ain’t happening

I more envision being a third party to some shit going down and finding a dude slumped in a car or laid out swimming on pavement with a GSW to the chest and being able to apply to them
That was my vision as well, certainly not applying one to myself, lol

Reactions: KhyberPass