Can we talk about back up 'iron' (polymer) sights?

American Revival Apparel Company

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
^^^ don't you guys make fun of my fully semi automatic machine gun. It has 2...count em...2 advanced optic features to make me a better chairborn ranger.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I run an MRO with a fixed front sight and MBUS rear. I will say, shooting irons is the one time I notice the slight magnification on the MRO. If you don't shoot irons a lot on other weapons, you might not notice it. It's not enough that it causes issues, for me, but it is noticeable.

Reactions: DarthVader

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I run an MRO with a fixed front sight and MBUS rear. I will say, shooting irons is the one time I notice the slight magnification on the MRO. If you don't shoot irons a lot on other weapons, you might not notice it. It's not enough that it causes issues, for me, but it is noticeable.
The 1.1x magnification is super common with red dots. I don't think many people realize that. I haven't shot with mine yet though, so I can't speak on it specifically yet.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Huh, weird, mine sits flush to the rail

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I hate mine because they sit up all retarded like that. It bugs my ocd.
That shit would drive me nuts and I'd worry that it would get caught on something and snap the sight. I can't count the number of times I've had to replace the clip on a knife because it stuck out a little and got caught on shit.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
That shit would drive me nuts and I'd worry that it would get caught on something and snap the sight. I can't count the number of times I've had to replace the clip on a knife because it stuck out a little and got caught on shit.
Yeah, ive had to bend back knife clips as well. I might go with the magpul pros instead. Thats the way im leaning as of now at least.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
@Leshaire mine don't sit like that at all. I'd post a better picture but I'm at the beach.

I think I recall CCW selling a bunch of MBUS on ODT a while ago that were found to be knock offs. I suspect there are a lot of folks with knock offs that bought what they thought were a good deal.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
@Leshaire mine don't sit like that at all. I'd post a better picture but I'm at the beach.

I think I recall CCW selling a bunch of MBUS on ODT a while ago that were found to be knock offs. I suspect there are a lot of folks with knock offs that bought what they thought were a good deal.
Try and enjoy it even being broken lol.

And yeah im pretty sure I have fakes.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Try and enjoy it even being broken lol.

And yeah im pretty sure I have fakes.
I'm having fun. Been going to the pool with everyone the last few days but fought my way out to the beach this morning. It went better than I thought it would walking across the sand with crutches.