Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Also not a NFA only item.
Glock%20stock%20GunBroker%20001.jpg

Yes, if you put it on your standard Glock 17 you have created a short barrel rifle and you better have a stamp for it. However, if you put it on your Glock 17 that you put a 16" barrel into, it is not a NFA item and doesn't require any paperwork.

A butt stock is never what makes an item illegal. It is the short barrel in all of these cases. Once you put a butt stock on a gun it is designed to be fired from the shoulder and is by default a rifle. At that point the only thing that matters in the legal eye is the length of the barrel.

My point was simply that a buttstock can never be NFA only and a butt stock cannot make a NFA item. There are no NFA laws regarding butt stocks.
Which is why my beef was with the pic of the firearm shown, not the stock.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Is this illegal?
glockstock2copy.jpg
There's no possible way to tell. That's the problem with generic pictures. That is also not trying to appear to be something other than what it is.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Is this illegal?
glockstock2copy.jpg
Again, my issue is that it appears that they may have used a photo that suggests that it's legal to install their product on a sbr sans stamp. The gun in the pic appears to have a sub 16" barrel. That was my only point...the only point I was making.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Again, my issue is that it appears that they may have used a photo that suggests that it's legal to install their product on a sbr sans stamp. The gun in the pic appears to have a sub 16" barrel. That was my only point...the only point I was making.

and my point is even if it was clearly a SBR, nothing there suggest is is legal to install on an SBR sans stamp. That is your own binary thinking assuming that a rifle isn't a legally registered NFA item. When I see an NFA item I automatically assume it is legal.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
and my point is even if it was clearly a SBR, nothing there suggest is is legal to install on an SBR sans stamp. That is your own binary thinking assuming that a rifle isn't a legally registered NFA item. When I see an NFA item I automatically assume it is legal.
I was simply trying to see it through the eyes of the average consumer. I think your binary thinking (your point of view vs. mine) was clouding your judgement. ;)

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I was simply trying to see it through the eyes of the average consumer. I think your binary thinking (your point of view vs. mine) was clouding your judgement. ;)

Average consumer is a dumbass. Nothing will or can change that.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Average consumer is a dumbass. Nothing will or can change that.
Which is exactly why I would have chosen a different photo to hawk my shit.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Which is exactly why I would have chosen a different photo to hawk my shit.

I don't know man, nothing anywhere on that page even remotely resembles an AR pistol to me, even if you ignore the fact it is a buttstock.

I guess that is just because I am smarter than you though. That's my cross to bear I suppose.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't know man, nothing anywhere on that page even remotely resembles an AR pistol to me, even if you ignore the fact it is a buttstock.

I guess that is just because I am smarter than you though. That's my cross to bear I suppose.
Yeah, it's gotta be hard sailing through life with answers cropping up before the question arises.....some day man...some day I might get there. lol

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Yeah, it's gotta be hard sailing through life with answers cropping up before the question arises.....some day man...some day I might get there. lol

It really is a curse. ;)

Reactions: Laufen

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
And then not legal without a stamp. That was my point. That will happen.
That is not the manufacturers problem. Where you see a misleading picture, I see a shot taken at an angle that showcases the product instead of the rifle it's attached to. BAD has never marketed that butt stock as a brace or anything other than a lightweight butt stock. It's is the customers responsibility to understand the law. BAD has never implied that it was intended for use on a pistol, because it wasn't designed for pistols.