Buffer Tube Buttstock

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Since it has a BUTT STOCK on it, it IS a rifle. The barrel length makes no difference.
So if your rifle has a buttstock and is under 16" it makes no difference to the BATFE?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I guess my point was pretty well proven when Romi thought it was NFA.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
So if your rifle has a buttstock and is under 16" it makes no difference to the BATFE?

As long as its a SBR rifle, they wont care...

Also be on the look out for the You tube video, with the guy putting this on his rifle, and pistol upper... Yon KNOW its going to happen.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
As long as its a SBR rifle, they wont care...

Also be on the look out for the You tube video, with the guy putting this on his rifle, and pistol upper... Yon KNOW its going to happen.
That's exactly my point. The photo on the company website is very misleading. The buffer tube looks longer than the barrel.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
That's exactly my point. The photo on the company website is very misleading. The buffer tube looks longer than the barrel.

Which would make me think it is a SBR. My picture is not misleading, the barrel is clearly under 16". What is misleading about that?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

If my gun has a buttstock, it IS a rifle. Whether or not it is a legal rifle or not is between me and the BATFE. Why would you automatically assume it is illegal?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Which would make me think it is a SBR. My picture is not misleading, the barrel is clearly under 16". What is misleading about that?
Not your pic, the one the company posted advertising their product. It's pretty hard to tell how long this barrel is, but it looks pretty fucking short.

Capture.PNG

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If my gun has a buttstock, it IS a rifle. Whether or not it is a legal rifle or not is between me and the BATFE. Why would you automatically assume it is illegal?
*sigh* I didn't, but it does require extra paperwork. The "between the BATFE and me" is the part that could land folks in hot water if they were mislead by the illustration on the website.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

A buttstock can never be attached to a pistol. NEVER EVER EVER. Once a buttstock is put on a gun, it is a rifle. It's NFA status makes no difference. A buttstock can never be attached to a pistol. There is no such thing in the eyes of the ATF as a pistol with a buttstock. It is either a pistol, or a rifle.

Reactions: HuskyLab

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
A buttstock can never be attached to a pistol. NEVER EVER EVER. Once a buttstock is put on a gun, it is a rifle. It's NFA status makes no difference. A buttstock can never be attached to a pistol. There is no such thing in the eyes of the ATF as a pistol with a buttstock. It is either a pistol, or a rifle.
Unless someone does, and is in violation of the law.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ok, they posted a picture of a rifle. Who cares how long the barrel is in the picture...... It is a picture of a rifle because it has a butt stock attached.
lol

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

If someone attaches this BUTT STOCK to their pistol, their pistol is instantly a rifle. If their rifle then has a barrel length of less than 16" or a OAL of less than 26" AND if they do not have a tax stamp associated with their rifle, they are in possession of an illegal NFA item. No different than any other butt stock.

So are all manufactures who post pictures of their products on short barrel rifles being misleading?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

By definition of rifle and pistol it is not physically possible to attach a buttstock to a pistol because the instant you do it is no longer a pistol and is instead a rifle.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
By definition of rifle and pistol it is not physically possible to attach a buttstock to a pistol because the instant you do it is no longer a pistol and is instead a rifle.
And then not legal without a stamp. That was my point. That will happen.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Also not a NFA only item.
Glock%20stock%20GunBroker%20001.jpg

Yes, if you put it on your standard Glock 17 you have created a short barrel rifle and you better have a stamp for it. However, if you put it on your Glock 17 that you put a 16" barrel into, it is not a NFA item and doesn't require any paperwork.

A butt stock is never what makes an item illegal. It is the short barrel in all of these cases. Once you put a butt stock on a gun it is designed to be fired from the shoulder and is by default a rifle. At that point the only thing that matters in the legal eye is the length of the barrel.

My point was simply that a buttstock can never be NFA only and a butt stock cannot make a NFA item. There are no NFA laws regarding butt stocks.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Good grief...must be a slow day at work.

I realize that a butt stock is not an nfa item. I suppose what I should have said was "Surely putting this on a pistol would make it an sbr?"

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Good grief...must be a slow day at work.

I realize that a butt stock is not an nfa item. I suppose what I should have said was "Surely putting this on a pistol would make it an sbr?"

Yes, putting any buttstock on a pistol will make it a SBR........ unless your pistol has a barrel length greater than 16" in which case it would just become a rifle.