Best non-Sealed .45can?

Faktory 47

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
Hello guys it's Olchevy here.

I have been saving up for my first NFA purchase which will be a .45 can. Not this Friday but the next I will actually have enough money to go out and purchase one. I'm hoping to swing by Quiet Riot on my way in to work today to look and handle some. I handled a few at Moss Pawn the other week but their prices were laughable.

Just looking for you guys opinions on which one is the best. I would love to include the Ti-rant .45 but that line has been discontinued. So as of now my main one I'm looking at is the Silencerco Octane .45HD. After taxes and stamp it should by 884 out the door.

Just hit me up with what you think is the best non-sealed .45can. In case it matters it will be used on everything made for .45 cans. Glock 21, 1911, HK, 9mm pistols and possibly a .300 blackout SBR.

Thanks.

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Check out the Griffin revolution 45. It's essentially an octane clone, but has a better 3 lug mount, mounts are cheaper(also octane clone mounts), coated baffles, and it's a modular can, so it can be used in the short or full size configuration

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
I went into Quiet Riot yesterday and looked around, and now I'm debating on going pistol or just getting a 7.62 can. Looking at both the Silencerco Specwar and the Omega. About a 200$ difference but for the size and weight difference I think it might be worth it.

From a practicality stand point obviously a rifle suppressor has more merit, but on the other hand I shoot my pistols way way more, so I think the pistol one might be more fun and see more use, but again on the same token the main reason I don't shoot my rifles more is out of respect for my neighbors, and with a 7.62 can from what I'm seeing a 5.56 is going to average about 131-133db and .308 will be around 138db. At those sound levels I think I would be more apt to shoot my rifles more.....

So many decisions! I'm thinking of just doing a Form 1 to SBR my AR while I decide which route to go suppressor wise. Over time I want at least three suppressors, a .45, a 7.62 and a .22. But what order....

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
Depends how many mounts you buy. I generally have 5 mounts to buy for a 45 can, so it adds up.

Maybe talk to some sellers like dog leg arms for some price quotes
On a side note the Griffin .45 and octane .45 were essentially the same cost only a little difference, and as they put it since the Griffin is essentially a Silencerco rip off, it can use all of silencercos accessories, such as mounting options, end caps etc.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
There are way to many options out there. I started with Spectre II and moving up to pistol I like the Octane then rifle I like the Liberty X but who knows may change my mind again before I send of the paperwork.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I went into Quiet Riot yesterday and looked around, and now I'm debating on going pistol or just getting a 7.62 can. Looking at both the Silencerco Specwar and the Omega. About a 200$ difference but for the size and weight difference I think it might be worth it.

From a practicality stand point obviously a rifle suppressor has more merit, but on the other hand I shoot my pistols way way more, so I think the pistol one might be more fun and see more use, but again on the same token the main reason I don't shoot my rifles more is out of respect for my neighbors, and with a 7.62 can from what I'm seeing a 5.56 is going to average about 131-133db and .308 will be around 138db. At those sound levels I think I would be more apt to shoot my rifles more.....

So many decisions! I'm thinking of just doing a Form 1 to SBR my AR while I decide which route to go suppressor wise. Over time I want at least three suppressors, a .45, a 7.62 and a .22. But what order....
For rifle, I always prefer the smallest and lightest capable of your standard rate of fire. Most mini cans sound the same to my ear as larger cans like the specwar.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Pretty soon you'll have 1 for each occasion. Haha
This is true when trying to support multiple calibers. You will need a dedicated .22 can for sure. The rifle caliber rounds you may be suppressing are for the most part going to be supersonic rounds so a 7.62 can may cover all your needs. Pistol calibers will require a smaller lighter can. I ended up with a .22 can, a 5.56 can and the Octane 45 HD for my Glock 37, M11/9 and 300 BO needs. The only reason for my 300 BO build was to shoot suppressed. If I have the need for a 7.62 can I will purchase one in the future. I am not sure how an SKS will look with a can on it!

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
I am sure it will look just fine, I have been looking at so many reviews of different cans I swear I have seen one on just about everything including an sks. My old beloved WW2 M1 carbine will be wearing one, as will an M1 Garand one day. To me it's about functionality over looks.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I am sure it will look just fine, I have been looking at so many reviews of different cans I swear I have seen one on just about everything including an sks. My old beloved WW2 M1 carbine will be wearing one, as will an M1 Garand one day. To me it's about functionality over looks.
I keep debating a suppressed m1 carbine

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Again in this note.

The muzzle pressure of 30 carbine at 16" is just marginally over 9mm. A 45 can or stainless 9mm can should be able to handle it.