Best non-Sealed .45can?

American Revival Apparel Company

1jcwallace

Hunter
Jul 4, 2015
any reason you wouldn't consider a dead air 7.62 can rather than the omega? I like the Omega, but the Sandman S's size and mounting system just seem more appealing to me.
I really like the Omega. I also think I am becoming a Silencerco Fanboy. The Omega will be #3 for me, making all of the Silencerco. At this point, I am trying to talk myself out of another 22 can.

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Thats a nice looking can. Don't know too much about Dead Air.
Dead Air is founded by Mike Pappas, one of the men who made SilencerCo great before they fired off a bunch of the people who brought such a trusted image to the company, including Henry from SWR who stayed through the merge and was then shortly there after fired.

The dead air can is awesome. All stellite internals, once of the coolest mounting systems I've ever seen(no latches or collars to rotate, meaning you can mount it under a rail), and it has removable endcaps for a future 556 endcap offering.

The dead air cans are made right here in Georgia.

The Sandman S is such a cool can to me, because it is so small, but its hard to tell the difference between it and larger cans being fired. It sounds great on 556, 300blk, and 308 without adding tons of length and weight (I own a Specwar so i know the feels of a long heavy can). They are full auto rated, and rated up to 300RUM and beyond( they literally said they hav e yet to find a 30 cal round that they wont rate it for).

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Doesn't rattle off when you shoot a bunch

Doesn't require 20 turns to the left to remove

has taper mount which holds can to the mating surface tighter, making baffle strikes less likely even if you somehow forget to rachet down.
I'm sorry...I couldn't hear you over the sound of how uncomplicated all of my mounts are.

#directthreadmasterrace

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Collecting suppressor mounts is a sign of prestige and wealth, peasant.
5NqfmCM.gif

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I'm still trying to figure out if it's honest or farce. Apparently there's a 30 minute version as well...and while I may have time for nutnfancy, I most certainly do not have time for that.

Having worked with him on several projects over the years, I can 100% tell you it is legit. Dude is a fruit cake. Yelled at me and got all up in my business one day because his driver didn't pick him up at the airport....as if the IT guy has anything to do with that.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Having worked with him on several projects over the years, I can 100% tell you it is legit. Dude is a fruit cake. Yelled at me and got all up in my business one day because his driver didn't pick him up at the airport....as if the IT guy has anything to do with that.
I've heard similar things. I mean, dude's first name after all is "Shia."

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
That sucks to hear, I always thought he would be kinda chill.