Best non-Sealed .45can?

Howard Law

1jcwallace

Hunter
Jul 4, 2015
Having worked with him on several projects over the years, I can 100% tell you it is legit. Dude is a fruit cake. Yelled at me and got all up in my business one day because his driver didn't pick him up at the airport....as if the IT guy has anything to do with that.
He parked next to me a few times at the gym a few years ago when he was filming "Lawless" He pranced around the gym in a skin tight tank with even tighter jeans tucked in to his boots. He was nice but quiet...... DEFINITELY Different. Shit has gotten much weirder now though. I was told by a few people he is registered bat shit crazy now..... Who cares. I want more Suppressors!

Reactions: Richard P. Musgrove

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
Passed a film crew on my way home tonight blocking the right lane on 19/41 SB in front of the Atlanta motor speedway race track. Not sure what it was for, but had 4 actors in a old green van with the camera rigged up the front fender aiming back at the driver and lights, oh so many lights, it's like if you going to film at 23:30 why so many lights? You're obviously try to do a night scene. And on a side note there was a weird inflatable pad thing angled on the bridge above when I passed under that end of 20.

Anyways yes I want a suppressor to, seriously leaning towards that omega 7.62 now though,.,......one more week till I go plop my money down on what I decide. Oh and I'm going to form 1 my AR sometime this week, thinking 10.5".

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Prolly some Walking Dead they love this place. Good luck on deciding which 1 is first. 2nd place will come later. Haha

Laces_Out_Marino

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Aug 14, 2015
CANTON, GA
Zip code
so is it a mono core? I was looking at .22 cans the other day at Cherokee when I was getting my scope mounted and Rich was showing me the difference between the sparrow and the element and how the sparrow was sealed. is the octane the same way? how do the 2 compare when it comes to sound?

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
so is it a mono core? I was looking at .22 cans the other day at Cherokee when I was getting my scope mounted and Rich was showing me the difference between the sparrow and the element and how the sparrow was sealed. is the octane the same way? how do the 2 compare when it comes to sound?
Not monocore, just the baffles have a barrier between it and the tube. It's like a larger spectre II.

The Tirant and Octane aren't really going to sound different. But the Tirant does edge out a db or 2 on the meter, but having shot with meters a few times now I really don't recommend chasing the last few db's down.

Also, I would avoid the element and look at sparrows or spectres.

Laces_Out_Marino

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Aug 14, 2015
CANTON, GA
Zip code
Not monocore, just the baffles have a barrier between it and the tube. It's like a larger spectre II.

The Tirant and Octane aren't really going to sound different. But the Tirant does edge out a db or 2 on the meter, but having shot with meters a few times now I really don't recommend chasing the last few db's down.

Also, I would avoid the element and look at sparrows or spectres.
I am considering the sparrow after the info I learned this weekend from Rich. as far as a .45 can, I may be able to get a hold of a Tirant and since they don't make them anymore I may jump on it. I like how the osprey looks, especially on a USP. but the Tirant has been calling my name.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I am considering the sparrow after the info I learned this weekend from Rich. as far as a .45 can, I may be able to get a hold of a Tirant and since they don't make them anymore I may jump on it. I like how the osprey looks, especially on a USP. but the Tirant has been calling my name.
Until silencerco's clamshell design loses patent protection, i think it's the best option for a monocore 22 can.

1jcwallace

Hunter
Jul 4, 2015
Laces Out Marino...., send me your number and I will send you a video of my Sparrow on my FV-SR this past weekend. Its pretty quiet. I shot a few 22 cans before my purchase and the Sparrow topped them all IMHO.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Didn't AAC go to a modular can? What's the advantage of modular besides size? I would think u sacrifice quiet for shortness

Everything is a trade off. My 9mm can is quiter on my 22s than my 22 cans, but the 9mm can is so much bigger that I don't often use it for 22.

I don't see myself ever shooting the can in K configuration, but it would be nice to have as an option.