Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I was using a proxy for a while to troll ODT but now it doesn’t work, the “captcha” doesn’t load when I make a new account lol

Nord or CyberGhost will work. The free version of CyberGhost is spotty at best and the paid version isn't as good as Nord so I just switched to Nord for like $4/month.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I only see the one hole on top. Couldn’t that be covered by a rear base plate for the rear sight? I figured if I threw in 300-400 bucks I could get it back to original. New stock new bolt and rear sight
There is another one further back

You would need a new stock, new stock hardware, magazine floorplate, rear sight... Maybe a new front sight... And then you have holes in the receiver... You'll be in it over $600, so just get a Russian capture rifle instead and it won't have holes in it either.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
It’s a BYF marked receiver. A surplus stock can be had for around 200-300 bucks. A new bolt 50-85 bucks and rear sight 30 bucks. Floor plates probably aren’t too much. The drill tap thing concerns me tho. I told him I needed to check that out before I sealed the deal and he was cool with it. Just seeing those waffen marks I feel like it may be worth a shot to resurrect it

The gun is a great deal until you start to restore it.

My advice....

Buy it, shoot it, enjoy it.

You would come out approximately the same price if you just bought a surplus one, and you wouldn't have to weld up the holes in the receiver.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
There is another one further back

You would need a new stock, new stock hardware, magazine floorplate, rear sight... Maybe a new front sight... And then you have holes in the receiver... You'll be in it over $600, so just get a Russian capture rifle instead and it won't have holes in it either.
Yeah... I feel like I can get the 303 for $250 with all the ammo. Which is a solid deal. Said the bore is good. The 98k may be too much hassle. Gunna see how it’s tapped. Looks like it’ll probably be a scout scope type of tap

Reactions: Jstegman1 and 3x

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
It’s a BYF marked receiver. A surplus stock can be had for around 200-300 bucks. A new bolt 50-85 bucks and rear sight 30 bucks. Floor plates probably aren’t too much. The drill tap thing concerns me tho. I told him I needed to check that out before I sealed the deal and he was cool with it. Just seeing those waffen marks I feel like it may be worth a shot to resurrect it
Two more thoughts... If the sling is an actual OG K98k sling, it might be worth almost as much as what you are paying for the rifle... Maybe not quite that, but certainly $$$
If it's a repro, not so much

Finally, if the barrel has been cut down, then there might not be a single unfucked part on the rifle except for the trigger.

Rabbit2047

Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Yeah... I feel like I can get the 303 for $250 with all the ammo. Which is a solid deal. Said the bore is good. The 98k may be too much hassle. Gunna see how it’s tapped. Looks like it’ll probably be a scout scope type of tap

If he will do $150.... I will give you $175 for it, just as it sits

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
Two more thoughts... If the sling is an actual OG K98k sling, it might be worth almost as much as what you are paying for the rifle... Maybe not quite that, but certainly $$$
If it's a repro, not so much

Finally, if the barrel has been cut down, then there might not be a single unfucked part on the rifle except for the trigger.
Yes need to check that. Yeah the front sight looks original so I think it’s good. Those are welded on I believe?

Rabbit2047

Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
You gonna do any other colors?

Absolutely.

But not promag. They suck. I got this one super cheap so I went with it. Next time I do a translucent it will probably be a Pufgun.

I plan on doing a Magpul Sand 20rd mag in purple. Of course the Tapco Slab Side is gonna be green with a SET sticker on it.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Yes need to check that. Yeah the front sight looks original so I think it’s good. Those are welded on I believe?

No, they should be dove tailed in the front sight post. I have a non Russian capture that has several Waffen amps from being reworked in the factory, I'll take pictures of later, I have company over in a few minutes.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Absolutely.

But not promag. They suck. I got this one super cheap so I went with it. Next time I do a translucent it will probably be a Pufgun.

I plan on doing a Magpul Sand 20rd mag in purple. Of course the Tapco Slab Side is gonna be green with a SET sticker on it.
Bulgarian ISD mags come in clear too