Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
Do you really expect to "bug out" with a rucksack?

Rucksack no....but a good bag yea. And lets be honest - you don't know whats gunna happen or where its going to happen. So how do you know the area your "safe" is even gunna be there. My bag can get be 2 weeks anywhere in the world and it weighs 22lbs.

Jul 2, 2015
With a running vehicle I'm leaving as quick as I can. I have 2 places to choose from as an option. I have a good friend with 180 acres in Ebert county in the middle of nowhere and another friend with 300 acres up on Rich mountain. Both are full of wildlife and plenty of other wild foods and fresh water. If the vehicle don't work well I guess I'm staying here and sharpening punji sticks while setting up defense around the property.

Reactions: Dinky Dau

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
With a running vehicle I'm leaving as quick as I can. I have 2 places to choose from as an option. I have a good friend with 180 acres in Ebert county in the middle of nowhere and another friend with 300 acres up on Rich mountain. Both are full of wildlife and plenty of other wild foods and fresh water. If the vehicle don't work well I guess I'm staying here and sharpening punji sticks while setting up defense around the property.

Its good to have a plan. My comment wasn't meant to sound like you shouldnt have a place....just that the place might not be accessible or even there in whatever "event" or disaster you are planning on. That's why it is good to have a bag.

Reactions: hikingthehills
Jul 2, 2015
Its good to have a plan. My comment wasn't meant to sound like you shouldnt have a place....just that the place might not be accessible or even there in whatever "event" or disaster you are planning on. That's why it is good to have a bag.
My comment wasnt in response to anybodies comment. Just what I would do, to be fair I didnt read what anybody else wrote. I keep one hell of a GHB in my truck but I don't have a bug out bag. If I'm bugging out it's going to be in my truck fully loaded or I'm staying at the house and defending.

Reactions: Patryn

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Rich Mountain is just one Mountain away from Mine...Plenty of game and the some!!

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
My comment wasnt in response to anybodies comment. Just what I would do, to be fair I didnt read what anybody else wrote. I keep one hell of a GHB in my truck but I don't have a bug out bag. If I'm bugging out it's going to be in my truck fully loaded or I'm staying at the house and defending.

I know your GHB, speaking off when you swinging by the store again?

Aug 12, 2015
PA
Everyone bug's in. Even when you are bugging out, you better be going from point A to point B and point B is where you are bugging in. If you don't have a point B in mind, you are doomed. This notion that I hear in our classes of people 'living off the land' is so completely ridiculous that it's the first thing we try to get out of their skulls. You aren't Rambo, and even if you were, that's just so totally unrealistic, especially when you have a family. You need to be in a place or moving towards a better one.

Reactions: Patryn

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
Everyone bug's in. Even when you are bugging out, you better be going from point A to point B and point B is where you are bugging in. If you don't have a point B in mind, you are doomed. This notion that I hear in our classes of people 'living off the land' is so completely ridiculous that it's the first thing we try to get out of their skulls. You aren't Rambo, and even if you were, that's just so totally unrealistic, especially when you have a family. You need to be in a place or moving towards a better one.

+2