When SHTF, Do You BUG OUT? or BUG IN?

American Revival Apparel Company

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
In.

I have some fat and juicy neighbors that should grill up nicely...

Reactions: Shemp

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
In reality unless you plan for it, where u going to bug out too?

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I am going to Bug In I have enough for Si.......................... weeks here

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I have a few locations and routes already planned depending on the severity and type of situation. Only bugging in for milder scenarios, since I live in a subdivision, more potential for danger, less ability to defend the fort.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Depending on the situation. Bug out to my In laws farm is the ideal solution. But that's a five hour drive under ideal conditions. More than likely go to my parents house, its alot closer and my best friend lives 6 houses down so I have some people I trust I can hole up with.

saawy6

Scout
Aug 10, 2015
North Carolina
Bugging in for the first 3-4 weeks for any initial and immediate concerns to die down, then scavenge a little around my immediate area and head to the mountains.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I plan on bugging in for a little bit of time. But will end up at the patents house where there are a lot more resources and easier security. Plus they're better stocked and I already have supplies there to make it for a long time. Everything that I have been acquiring lately is being stored there.

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple

Read that years ago. Good advice from someone who lived it. There is also a dude out there that wrote about living in a small city under siege during the bosnia/ kosovo conflict His name was Kelso or Selco or something like that that. That was some hair raising apocalyptic shit.

I live pretty far out and plan on staying here unless the situation just becomes completely untenable. Being a refugee sucks.

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-p...ugh-shtf-in-the-middle-of-a-war-zone_10252011

Found it.

"Nobody wins, we just survive with lots of bad dreams."

Last edited:

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
On my Mountain, I have the high ground and the water..Why bug out,

Jul 2, 2015
I agree. I'm not leaving my house unless absolutely necessary. you have cover, dry place. you're somewhat safe. at least a lot more than sleeping outside. you can move all food, water, ammo and guns into one room. basically leaving the rest of the house with just useless furniture that you might end up burning to stay warm if you don't stock up on wood.
if I have to leave I could go to a couple of different places. my hunting property, friends hunting property, or family property on hartwell. only problem, those are far away even by car. 2hrs. walking that would be a bitch.
I'm the first house in my neighborhood so I don't know a lot of people in my subdivision. only 45 houses. I'm sure most are like the rest of the sheep.
Then coming over here? I'll stay bugged in as long as I can too. It would take blue helmets going door to door collecting Christians to get me out of my stash

Reactions: jloneill17

medium187mph

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Jun 4, 2015
Lagrange, GA
Hunker down with security on my mind. Lay low and keep quiet.

a good SF friend told me that in a 3rd world country facing civil unrest, the ones laying low survived. The ones walking around robbing and shooting such were not as lucky

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Bug in for as long as possible and stand my ground.

If you plan on bug out move quickly major interstates and roads will be the first to go into lockdown. Take a map and know a couple different routes just in case.

jloneill17

Hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Canon, GA
Zip code
Then coming over here? I'll stay bugged in as long as I can too. It would take blue helmets going door to door collecting Christians to get me out of my stash

i'll come to your place. if you're invaded, am I expected to shoot straight after drinking scotch all day?

Sheps

Woodsman
Jun 24, 2015
www.youtube.com
Zip code
en5 1ae
The thing people don't ever really, truly consider is you have to have somewhere to bug out to. You can't one day decide "Nope, we gotta leave" and expect to have a reasonable chance of success with no destination (that's set up for whatever you need) in mind.