What are you planning on acquiring in the next 12 months?

Howard Law
A

AquaHull

AquaHull said:
I'm looking for a reliable compact/sub compact single stack 9mm. I already tried Taurus and Kel Tec.

It seems the LC9 and CM9 are still having issues. Maybe the S & W Shield ??

I wound up with a Bersa Thunder.

There's a Shield with holster for $450 local, if the kid will answer his phone. He might have caller ID though :-[

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
AquaHull said:
I'm looking for a reliable compact/sub compact single stack 9mm. I already tried Taurus and Kel Tec.

It seems the LC9 and CM9 are still having issues. Maybe the S & W Shield ??
Picked up our second shield today. I'll carry it when I find the right holster. I might have to pocket carry with an empty chamber to start. I don't like doing that though. My wife carries hers in a holster in her purse in a separate compartment.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
XDS 45ACP, DPMS AR 15 308, Glock 17 or 19. :) :D ;D 8) :p
My wife ask's "Don't you have enough guns?'
Answer: More than I need but not as many as I want. ;)

M

mukwah

Still working on putting money away for a Taurus Public Defender poly frame but there are so many neat guns being talked about that its hard not to stray!

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
There was a nice write up in my latest "Guns and Ammo" magazine (I think I can't remember and I don't feel like getting up to check). :)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Havent seen a bad review yet Pops. Can't remember ever seeing it with another gun before. There have always been a few bad write- ups on all guns. I'm probably wrong...but I haven't seen one yet.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Well now that I have started reloading I am seriously thinking about the SIG 238! I have a LC9 which for has been a terrific reliable, accurate pistol. I may just keep it, or even buy a second one.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
davevabch said:
Well now that I have started reloading I am seriously thinking about the SIG 238! I have a LC9 which for has been a terrific reliable, accurate pistol. I may just keep it, or even buy a second one.

Look at the Sig 938, not to much bigger the the 238. But if your reloading for the LC9, the 938 would be the same caliber!

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Shot my brother's Kahr CM9 again Friday. Went directly to a LGS & ordered one. Have it in about a week or two. I'm stoked! Yogi 8)

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Yogi; You will love the Kahr, just follow Jocko's preparation method as listed on the Kahr Forum and "shoot it like you stoled it". ;)

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Pops said:
Yogi; You will love the Kahr, just follow Jocko's preparation method as listed on the Kahr Forum and "shoot it like you stoled it". ;)
Will do Pops. I belong to kahrtalk.com & have already bookmarked Jocko's thread on prep. Also found a great pic of the suggested Kahr lube points. Have been watching slide disassembly vids on youtube, not much different than my Glock really. Lookin' forward to getting it all started. Yogi 8)

A

AquaHull

I'm currently dealing on a CW9, going for an inspect on Sunday Morning Coming Down at a Taco Bell.

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
What do I plan to purchase in the next 12 months? Well, in the past 12 months I have purchased 2 Rugers, 2 Mosin Nagants, 1 Hi-Point 995TS, 1 Sig Sauer P250 Compact and 1 Colt LE6920. In the next 12 months I hope to pick up the pace a little bit. There is a list of military surplus rifles I want, and they are not getting any younger. And really soon I plan to attempt my first AK build, I am just trying to decide exactly what pieces I want to purchase and how much work I want to do.