Vice President Biden:

GA Firing Line

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I just got a gun safe last week. First one I've ever had. With all the grandkids in and out ..I feel much better not have to put the locks on the guns all the time. Glad i finally got that worked out!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I guess this is a thread about gun shows and gun safes now. I don't have any new safe news. It appears that the only thing we should say about the 2nd Amendment on this forum is that we are for it. OK. I am for it.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:
I guess this is a thread about gun shows and gun safes now. I don't have any new safe news. It appears that the only thing we should say about the 2nd Amendment on this forum is that we are for it. OK. I am for it.

I guess we did wonder off, my apologies to the forum, I seen where they may be calling for registration for purchasing of new guns, I wonder if they are going to make previous purchases register as well. The wording was confusing. I have hear so many things I don't know what to expect I think some of the things they are going to bring to the table will be a down right insult to the 2A. We will see. I haven't seen a time of when he is suppose to address the public today. Has anyone heard?

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
My last post was simply this. We were discussing the 2nd Amendment. Nobody was flaming each other. Yes, there was a couple of lighthearted jabs at Biden, but even those were vanilla. It is impossible to speak to the 2nd Amendment battle that we are in and not at least mention politics. Unless of course we just start a thread titled, THE SECOND AMENDMENT: WHO LIKES IT? Then everybody can just click on the I do button.

Tarheel

Hunter
bigdogdaddy said:

BDD, I think Skip was simply reminding us to stay on topic i.e. 2A and not unintentionally slip into a political rant that may wander into violation of forum rule #19. Discussions regarding a politician's (any party) actions regarding 2A, especially in the current climate, is fair game as long as they remain "civil". Please don't read anything too deep into his polite reminder. In this case, Biden is very much in the center of the problem as we see it and his posture and actions are subject to open disclosure. Thx.

Tarheel

"19. Political, religious, and similar discussions are not allowed in the Compact Carry Forum because discussions on those topics usually end up becoming flame wars. Issues related to the 2nd Amendment may be discussed in the 2nd Amendment forum area, but the discussions must remain civil. "

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
No worries BDD, no offence was taken what so ever, never crossed my mind. I was just setting an example to our new members that we really should follow the thread subject as forum rules states.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Thanks Tarheel. I am not sitting here with my panties in a wad or anything. Skip can obviously do what he sees fit doing. It just felt a little like school. Skip shows up and everybody starts whistling and talking about high prices and safes. ;D

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I'm just happy I don't have any pressing firearms needs or wants that could be Biden-ized.

Of course, in the myriad of stuff I've read, gun security within the home could be addressed as well. Gun Safes may not be an exemption, but more likely a requisite.

+1 BDD. Sheesh. I thought we were playing really nice too.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Of course they could only enforce that after some kind of event, but judging by the number of gun laws on the books they mostly care about writing them. I think everybody should store their guns in a safe manner, but I am pretty well tired of feel good laws.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I'm a proponent of gun security in the home, but I'm not into big brother telling me more and more about what I can and can't do. You can only cut the legislative pie so thin before it becomes meaningless. Maybe we're already there.

Bless my 10/22 with composite stock and Steel Lips magazines.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Guess we find out tomorrow. I'm hearing mags limited to 7 rounds..ban on 'ASSAULT' weapons. . Many semi auto pistols....on , and on. Guess we'll know more after the pres makes his statements. I hear he's going to have a bunch of kids with him. Okay...? Kinda glad I just picked up the lcr when I did...

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
framedcraig1 said:
Guess we find out tomorrow. I'm hearing mags limited to 7 rounds..ban on 'ASSAULT' weapons. . Many semi auto pistols....on , and on. Guess we'll know more after the pres makes his statements. I hear he's going to have a bunch of kids with him. Okay...? Kinda glad I just picked up the lcr when I did...
“In battle, there are not more than two methods of attack--the
direct and the indirect; yet these two in combination give rise to
an endless series of maneuvers.”
― Sun Tzu

We are moving from speculation to something that can be attacked or defended. Hopefully we are prepared.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1771.Sun_Tzu

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I've always been a big fan of "Sun Tzu". The Art of War and The Complete Work of Shakespeare are two books I have had around decades.

I would suggest you take a look at an author, called Saul Alinsky, who outlined strategies for community organizers that I see being used for years now. Alinsky knew how to wage war on a social and political basis. We are seeing the results of that strategy every day now.

Politics and Weapons Control have been around since the days of ancient Greece. When would be tyrants called upon their citizens to turn in their arms and go home. Don't worry about defending your homes, we will take care of that for you.