Vice President Biden:

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
R

rayzer007

SkipD said:
Verticoli said:
I do belive Skip deleted a message or 2 and his message was aimed at those posters.
Actually, I have not deleted any posts from this thread.

I deleted one of my posts as it was not particularly objective!

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I do not believe Biden or Obama want to be saddled with gun control with the economy and immigration being at the top of the chart. I know many gun owners who listen to the frenzied rhetoric will do the usual and launch themselves into orbit and continue to buy up ammo as if their life depended on a 10 year supply. Of course many of them think that the Marines etc. will be invading their homes to seize there weapons. Maybe some kind of Gun storm troopers. What is so ironic is the fact that our government does not have to put forth any new guy laws. Gun owners have taken care of the problem for them. Even the bad guys are having a hard time finding ammo. Death by firearms will most certainly go down for the next couple of years.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
davevabch said:
I do not believe Biden or Obama want to be saddled with gun control with the economy and immigration being at the top of the chart. I know many gun owners who listen to the frenzied rhetoric will do the usual and launch themselves into orbit and continue to buy up ammo as if their life depended on a 10 year supply. Of course many of them think that the Marines etc. will be invading their homes to seize there weapons. Maybe some kind of Gun storm troopers. What is so ironic is the fact that our government does not have to put forth any new guy laws. Gun owners have taken care of the problem for them. Even the bad guys are having a hard time finding ammo. Death by firearms will most certainly go down for the next couple of years.

I'm not so optomistic about Biden and Obama's intentions. Both of them are quite capable of multi-tasking, plus we should have no doubts where their objectives lie when it comes to "Gun Crime". Both have solid records and Good Old Joe, who claims to be our "best friend", isn't fooling around. He and Fienstein have been at it for decades when it comes to infringement upon the 2nd Amendment.

Never under estimate stupid people in large numbers, especially if they vote. Several folks up in New York just got a rude awakening. They'd spent years hoping that the Gun Grabbers would just stick to NYC. People in several other states have seen some pretty far out gun control measures being proposed in their own States.

A couple of politicians from South Carolina have been communicating with Magpul and Remington inviting them to come on down our way, since the states they currently reside in have joined in the ban fever.

I'm not worried about storm troopers showing up on my door step, but registration and then a National Turn In Day isn't too hard to imagine.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
My best buddy is a County Sheriff's Deputy and a lifelong Democrat with a capitol D. He has voted Democrat in every election since he turned 18. The day that Obama was elected the first time, my buddy called me and begged me to go get my lifetime permit. His words to me were, "There have never been two bigger 2nd Amendment haters in the White House. Please do me a favor and go get your lifetime permit". That was a real eye opener for me. And yes, I went and got the lifetime permit.

D

Denny4kids

Last Wednesday I watched footage of Biden answering a question in a Parents Magazine interview. He told a lady named Kate if she thought she was in danger, just take her double barrel shotgun out on the balcony and shoot off both barrels in the air and it will scare the bad guys away.
If she followed his advice: A- she would now be unarmed, B- the bad guys would know where she was, and C- she may be arrested because its against the law.
I just can't believe he said this! Denny

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
All of this rhetoric is nothing new. Same thing happened in 2008-2009. Yea, we had the same "Chicken Little" nonsense. Ammo went into big time shortages etc. What happened, basically nothing. In my state gun laws improved for the gun enthusiast. The old law of one gun a month sale was repealed, ccw permits increased dramatically and very easy to get, and finally even Pellet guns got approved for hunting. So what caused the great ammo shortage? Well it was not the President, it was not congress, it was a frantic, over the top frenzy consisting of a enormous amount of hysteria and rhetoric, and fear by the gun owners themselves. The NRA themselves were deluging mail with so much crap that one even forgot what the NRA was about.
It is the oldest trick in the world. Use fear and propaganda to move the masses. Both sides are doing this, and it does not work for either side. Only for the short term. In reality, the sport is growing and will continue to grow if and only if gun enthusiast take a platform to have intelligent discussions and not just try and jam their views down the other sides throat.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I joined the NRA back in 1993. A little thing called the Brady Bill caught my attention. The Gun Grabbers have been slicing away at the 2nd Amendment ever since. Gun Owners who dismiss it as just political rhetoric and see themselves above the fray are whistling in the dark.