Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I have been thinking about going VEGAN
I am a vegetarian
I do not eat eggs,milk, cheese,meat
but I do luv my yogurt.only thing holding me back is my LUV of yogurt

http://www.getvegucated.com/
I'm pretty much a vegan. I'd be full on 100% if it weren't for my insatiable appetite for bacon and eggs. And steak, pork chops, sausage, meatballs, bologna, ham, milk, fish, scallops, turkey, chicken, lamb, gravy, cheese.....................

Reactions: Shemp and sam

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Save your breath. In the south they have somehow managed to relate diet to their manhood.
It's not just a southern thing. There's no science to suggest that a vegan diet leads to less occurrences of cancer, longer life, less illness, etc.

For every vegan diet promoting website you can link to, I can link to 3 that contradict it using actual research and statistics, not emotion based fabrications being presented as "facts".

Our health problems come from the way we process foods, the chemicals we use, portion control and a lack of balance in our diets. Not from eating animal products.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
It's not just a southern thing. There's no science to suggest that a vegan diet leads to less occurrences of cancer, longer life, less illness, etc.

For every vegan diet promoting website you can link to, I can link to 3 that contradict it using actual research and statistics, not emotion based fabrications being presented as "facts".

Our health problems come from the way we process foods, the chemicals we use, portion control and a lack of balance in our diets. Not from eating animal products.
I really don't care about the science of it. I tried it and it wasn't for me. The neanderthal knee-jerk reaction that is normally encountered is ridiculous though.

Reactions: sam

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Vegan = No bacon, No bacon = Unamerican, ergo, Vegan = Unamerican.

This concludes our lesson for today :yo:

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code

yes I do agree to that,it is the way food/animals are processed. and all the chemicals.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
yes I do agree to that,it is the way food/animals are processed. and all the chemicals.
I remember two of my great grandpas and I remember going to my great great grandmother's funeral. She was over 100 years old. They were coal miners and mountain men in the hills of Virginia. The men worked their asses off and the women gardened, canned, cooked, cleaned and kept the household running without pumping their kids full of saccharin aspartame high fructose hydrogenated margarine diet low fat bullshit. My grandpa still eats all the gristle and every damn part of an animal that would make my kids vomit because he was so poor growing up that's just what they had to do. He did have a heart attack about 15 years ago, but no issues since and he's nearing 90.

I'm pretty sure every one of them smoked too. Now we eat & drink chemicals out of plastic at every meal and can't figure out why we get cancer all the time.

Last edited:

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Dang. my grandma is from West Virginia. 100 lbs or less all her life. Puts burbon in her coffee. Smokes all day. Does snuff and eats bacon for breakfast everyday. She's 98 and great health.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Dang. my grandma is from West Virginia. 100 lbs or less all her life. Puts burbon in her coffee. Smokes all day. Does snuff and eats bacon for breakfast everyday. She's 98 and great health.
I firmly believe that we are killing ourselves with science. Modern medicine is great and all, it did save my grandfather when he had his heart attack, but damn at some of the stuff we put in our bodies. Even considering the drugs we take now. This stuff everyone is on nowadays makes cocaine look organic.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would not be either. If we were intended to be vegs then we would have ruminant anatomy. I don't know anyone with four stomach but lots of people with extra chins! LOL

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I firmly believe that we are killing ourselves with science. Modern medicine is great and all, it did save my grandfather when he had his heart attack, but damn at some of the stuff we put in our bodies. Even considering the drugs we take now. This stuff everyone is on nowadays makes cocaine look organic.

Somewhat agree. We put so much BS in our bodies and don't even know it. Hell, half the "organic" stuff we eat is still covered in chemicals. Many of the major health concerns of the modern era only really started in...the modern era.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Be careful with the yogurt, it's usually loaded with sugar.

Unless you have some type of weird allergy, I have a hard time justifying any diet that requires you to take supplements to stay healthy. As a vegan you would, as a vegetarian you don't.​

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Be careful with the yogurt, it's usually loaded with sugar.

Unless you have some type of weird allergy, I have a hard time justifying any diet that requires you to take supplements to stay healthy. As a vegan you would, as a vegetarian you don't.​
Sugar is one of a handful of things that make this world tolerable.