Reactions: sam

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What's the purpose/desire to go vegan?
I truly believe some people really benefit from a vegan diet.
My wife has been a vegetarian for about 10 years. She just doesn't like meat (never has), and doesn't like eating animals. My daughter is also vegetarian. They both said that if they couldn't kill the animal themselves, they shouldn't be eating it. I respect that.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
My wife has been a vegetarian for about 10 years. She just doesn't like meat (never has), and doesn't like eating animals. My daughter is also vegetarian. They both said that if they couldn't kill the animal themselves, they shouldn't be eating it. I respect that.

I don't really understand that bit...Most of us live in cities. The only way we can live in cities is if there are people that don't that are willing to raise and kill the livestock themselves ( and grow vegetables, fruits, etc). Basically they are saying the only people that can eat meat live on farms or in the wild. Of course, it doesn't matter what I think and it's their choice.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Be careful with the yogurt, it's usually loaded with sugar.

Unless you have some type of weird allergy, I have a hard time justifying any diet that requires you to take supplements to stay healthy. As a vegan you would, as a vegetarian you don't.​
yes I know its loaded w suger and im going to try cut it out completely.trying.......
I don't take any vitamins,supplements,no meds

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code

to me its more of a I don't like animals,so u all can eat them its just not something I eat.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't really understand that bit...Most of us live in cities. The only way we can live in cities is if there are people that don't that are willing to raise and kill the livestock themselves ( and grow vegetables, fruits, etc). Basically they are saying the only people that can eat meat live on farms or in the wild. Of course, it doesn't matter what I think and it's their choice.
No, they're saying that if they wouldn't be able to actually kill the animal, they shouldn't be paying someone else to do it for them. It's not about actually raising the animals and killing them yourself as much as it's "would I actually be able to cut off a chickens head". Both of them say no.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
What's the purpose/desire to go vegan?
I just want to be,only thing I eat that is not vegan is the yogurt,and ive been yogurt free for 3 days. ive never liked eggs,cheese or milk
I want to be healthy as I can be,i am pushing 40,and want to look/fell good

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I have some friends that went vegan for the main reason to live longer. His family has had 3 generations of males die before they reached 60 due to heart disease. So in his early 40's he decided to beat that family curse. He's now in his 50's. His wife and he are in the best shape ever, running marathons monthly and recently triathlons. I'm not saying I could be a vegan, but there is some merit to it.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
First, a primer: Raw veganism is a plant-based diet that involves no cooking. No food is heated above 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius). Foods are eaten fresh, dehydrated with low heat or fermented. A core tenet of the diet is that heating food above 104 degrees not only diminishes its nutrients, but also makes the food toxic and less digestible. In raw vegan parlance, cooking is killing. Many raw vegans speak of "live" foods versus "dead" foods, and they aren't talking about sushi, so fresh it still wiggles.

now I can not do this,i enjoy my veggies cooked

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I have some friends that went vegan for the main reason to live longer. His family has had 3 generations of males die before they reached 60 due to heart disease. So in his early 40's he decided to beat that family curse. He's now in his 50's. His wife and he are in the best shape ever, running marathons monthly and recently triathlons. I'm not saying I could be a vegan, but there is some merit to it.
Yeah, there are just people that have specific body chemistry and genetic predispositions that it makes sense. I have friends and family that just can't maintain a healthy blood pressure and consume meat.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
795b8929f71ba0dfe481cda0d8e3279d.jpg

Reactions: Shemp and sam

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I also don't understand why it upsets some people when others decide to avoid meat/dairy, whatever. I guess a lot of people take other people's decisions as a critique of their own...tender sensibilities I guess.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I also don't understand why it upsets some people when others decide to avoid meat/dairy, whatever. I guess a lot of people take other people's decisions as a critique of their own...tender sensibilities I guess.

my son who is now an adult and on his own,has been eating meat.and im fine with it.his decision

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

Yeah I don't care what people eat, with the exception of eating people, dogs and cats, so I don't get offended when people say they don't eat meat. What annoys me is the opposite effect. When those who chose to be vegetarian or vegan act more superior and elite than those who do chose to eat meat.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah I don't care what people eat, with the exception of eating people, dogs and cats, so I don't get offended when people say they don't eat meat. What annoys me is the opposite effect. When those who chose to be vegetarian or vegan act more superior and elite than those who do chose to eat meat.
Yeah, that doesn't bother me either. They do have a point, it's not a sustainable diet for the planet's burgeoning population. Still, I try to not let a differing opinion bother me. Maybe I'll consider their point and move along, or just file it with the rest of the opinions that I hear and don't care about.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I guess I just don't understand the need to label yourself "Vegan". If you want to eat yogurt, eat it. If you don't want to eat raw vegetables...don't. If you don't want to eat meat, the greatest thing ever, don't.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I guess I just don't understand the need to label yourself "Vegan". If you want to eat yogurt, eat it. If you don't want to eat raw vegetables...don't. If you don't want to eat meat, the greatest thing ever, don't.
People love labels man.