Valor Ridge bound.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You will argue about anything won't you?

What would be a safe training regimen?
A regimen where all of the rules of gun safety were followed.

What makes guns inherently unsafe? Any condition that might be unsafe is directly from the user, not innate to the gun itself.

Reactions: dougiemac

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Not publicly.

I've already received a couple of messages. For the record, It was NOT Protective Measures. But I'd be interested in hearing any feedback. Monte is on my list of local guys that I'm interested in checking out.
Monte is great if you can drag him out onto the range..... I took a pistol course with him and enjoyed it. I asked about a part two and he has ignored me since lol. I asked twice. He's bad about getting back to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dougiemac

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If firearms were inherently unsafe, the anti's would be correct in pointing fingers at the gun, and not the user.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Maybe "potentially dangerous" would be a better description?
How? None of my guns are potentially dangerous...except maybe the .22 @Strider12 traded me. lol

A better description would be that there are risks involved with misusing a tool.

Criminals and misuse pose a danger, guns do not.

Last edited:

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
How? None of my guns are potentially dangerous...except maybe the .22 @Strider12 traded me. lol

A better description would be that there are risks involved with misusing a tool.

Criminals pose a danger, guns do not.
Agreed. But semantics aside, I believe the point he was trying to make is that the human factor introduces risk. We all know what he meant. There's no point in getting hung up on it.

ETA: But I also see your point about choosing our words carefully.

Reactions: Righter13

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
A regimen where all of the rules of gun safety were followed.

What makes guns inherently unsafe? Any condition that might be unsafe is directly from the user, not innate to the gun itself.
Yeah, I get it that the gun isn't going to do anything that the operator doesn't make it do. But

you can do everything right and still get something like a factory load that is over charged combined with a weak barrel and blow up in your face. (Just a hypothetical situation)

Or there could be a mechanical defect and even though the gun is pointed in a safe direction it could go off and richochet.

There are risks involved with any tool. Us as Humans can't control every aspect of everything we do. Just like when a flock of birds takes out a plane at night.

Best way to stay out of a bar fight is to stay out of the bar.

Would you rather me say dangerous and not unsafe?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Agreed. But semantics aside, I believe the point he was trying to make is that the human factor introduces risk. We all know what he meant. There's no point in getting hung up on it.
Semantics are of utmost importance, and it's a tremendously good point to get hung up on them.

gun violence
gun deaths
gun murders
gun homicides

These terms are being weaponized to erode our rights, and they are all based on the assumption that guns themselves are dangerous.

I don't know for sure about anyone else, but I'm sure as hell not going to help anti's in their marketing war to disarm the American people by propagating their bullshit rhetoric.

Reactions: DarthVader

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah, I get it that the gun isn't going to do anything that the operator doesn't make it do. But

you can do everything right and still get something like a factory load that is over charged combined with a weak barrel and blow up in your face. (Just a hypothetical situation)

Or there could be a mechanical defect and even though the gun is pointed in a safe direction it could go off and richochet.

There are risks involved with any tool. Us as Humans can't control every aspect of everything we do. Just like when a flock of birds takes out a plane at night.

Best way to stay out of a bar fight is to stay out of the bar.
Defects aren't the issue. That is a problem with manufacturing, not the tool in it's intended form. THey are neither dangerous or unsafe.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Semantics are of utmost importance, and it's a tremendously good point to get hung up on them.

gun violence
gun deaths
gun murders
gun homicides

These terms are being weaponized to erode our rights, and they are all based on the assumption that guns themselves are dangerous.

I don't know for sure about anyone else, but I'm sure as hell not going to help anti's in their marketing war to disarm the American people by propagating their bullshit rhetoric.
I conceed. Now, can we get back to talking about training?

Reactions: Righter13

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Not gonna lie, that would make me a bit nervous.
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with this sentiment. It's one thing to do live fire exercises as part of military training...but in a civilian situation with civilian shooters across various levels of talent, I'd be uncomfortable to say the least.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with this sentiment. It's one thing to do live fire exercises as part of military training...but in a civilian situation with civilian shooters across various levels of talent, I'd be uncomfortable to say the least.
that'sa
I conceed. Now, can we get back to talking about training?
agreed from now on I will get @Laufen to proof read my posts.

Anyways.... The training we received was great. The respect we were given was great.

I not only learned new skills I learned what my weak points are in regards to skill and gear.

Biggest skill flaw is that I would be more concerned about getting rounds off first vs getting hits first. The hits are what matters.

Equipment wise the only thing I'm going to change is my rifle light set up. I had a tlr-1 on there but I was constantly hitting the switch on one thing or another. I have since ordered a remote for it.

Reactions: sam and DarthVader