Valor Ridge bound.

American Revival Apparel Company

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Firing at 300yds. The pic above shoes the lower range with students on it. The pic below shows the shooter's angle at the targets.

Being on the lower range while there are shooters up too gives people the opportunity to hear what it sounds like when a round is being fired in there direction. Something most people wouldn't experience otherwise. image.jpeg

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
image.jpeg Sandman got a little beat up but ran like a champ and got many compliments from people on its tone.

JJ nicknamed my rifle the "mountain whisper"

Reactions: Red Dawn

Woodstock

Tracker
Jun 29, 2015
Zip code
thanks to this video I realized how low my rear plate was riding and fixed it. This was the first time I had really worn it.

2nd vid, two people walking and firing towards each other.....Looks very unsafe, even though they weren't directly in line with each other, just don't see any benefit. How far apart were they?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Firearms are inherently unsafe. Firearms training is inherently unsafe, but it's a risk the wife and I are willing to take to become more proficient.
How are firearms inherently unsafe? If training is unsafe, find a different training regimen.

Reactions: dougiemac

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
We were a good 6-8 feet apart.
The thing I noticed is that you each had an instructor immediately next to you, watching your every move. And movement was slow and methodical. With good instructors, things can be done very safely and at some point, you have to get past the square range tactics. But you better choose the instructor wisely. And there are limits to what anyone should consider "safe". If you're not comfortable, say so.

I got roped into a last minute class last year by a friend, with an instructor that is fairly popular on TOS. NEVER AGAIN. Other classmates were not vetted and the material was way beyond most of their skillsets. Plus, the instructor was way too lax about safety and more interested in telling us about how he'd been there and done that. I refused to participate in one drill until they got their shit together, because the guy in front of me almost got shot in the back. Then in the last drill of the day, I was flagged so badly by another classmate that I was ready to punch him and the instructor in the face. These days, I won't consider an instructor unless they have clear prerequisites. Even if that means I have to take a remedial class with them in order to take the next one that I really want.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
The thing I noticed is that you each had an instructor immediately next to you, watching your every move. And movement was slow and methodical. With good instructors, things can be done very safely and at some point, you have to get past the square range tactics. But you better choose the instructor wisely. And there are limits to what anyone should consider "safe". If you're not comfortable, say so.

I got roped into a last minute class last year by a friend, with an instructor that is fairly popular on TOS. NEVER AGAIN. Other classmates were not vetted and the material was way beyond most of their skillsets. Plus, the instructor was way too lax about safety and more interested in telling us about how he'd been there and done that. I refused to participate in one drill until they got their shit together, because the guy in front of me almost got shot in the back. Then in the last drill of the day, I was flagged so badly by another classmate that I was ready to punch him and the instructor in the face. These days, I won't consider an instructor unless they have clear prerequisites. Even if that means I have to take a remedial class with them in order to take the next one that I really want.
Any time we did something like this it was 1 on 1 and they were very quick to react if same did something to endanger another student.

Reactions: DarthVader

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code

Name names?

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Not publicly.

I've already received a couple of messages. For the record, It was NOT Protective Measures. But I'd be interested in hearing any feedback. Monte is on my list of local guys that I'm interested in checking out.

Monte is a good dude. I wish someone would tell him about SET.