American Revival Apparel Company

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I must be one of the few who actually like all the changes. I dont need the ambi slide release, but for years ive been wishing they would remove the finger grooves, add the g26 cut, and give it a bit of a magwell. Im not a glock fanboi, and im not gonna run out and buy a new one asap, but im happy with the changes.
I'm hoping to see a Gen 5 G26 soon. Hopefully with a thinner trigger guard so I don't have to undercut it.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I must be one of the few who actually like all the changes. I dont need the ambi slide release, but for years ive been wishing they would remove the finger grooves, add the g26 cut, and give it a bit of a magwell. Im not a glock fanboi, and im not gonna run out and buy a new one asap, but im happy with the changes.

There are plenty of glock fanboys for sure. But it seems like there are more people that like the bash Glocks no matter what they do.

I haven't held the gen 5 yet but I foresee one in my future for sure once they are easily available and hopefully under blue label pricing.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
There are plenty of glock fanboys for sure. But it seems like there are more people that like the bash Glocks no matter what they do.

I haven't held the gen 5 yet but I foresee one in my future for sure once they are easily available and hopefully under blue label pricing.
Damn thing won't jam! How am I supposed to do malfunction drills if it shoots every time!

I like Glock. They're not the prettiest, not the most comfortable , but they work. No frills needed.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Damn thing won't jam! How am I supposed to do malfunction drills if it shoots every time!

I like Glock. They're not the prettiest, not the most comfortable , but they work. No frills needed.

Some guns can be "toys" while others are tools. Glocks are tools, function is most important. I honestly don't think they are that ugly really.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Some guns can be "toys" while others are tools. Glocks are tools, function is most important. I honestly don't think they are that ugly really.
I don't either. I'm a Glock fan boy.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
i will still bash them on looks. and superfan boys, whom wont touch anything else.

what i wont bash them on is reliability, and function. i just wish i could find them comfortable to hold and shoot accurately. then i wouldnt have an issue anymore. and then will embrace the *ahem* fan boyism

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
i will still bash them on looks. and superfan boys, whom wont touch anything else.

what i wont bash them on is reliability, and function. i just wish i could find them comfortable to hold and shoot accurately. then i wouldnt have an issue anymore. and then will embrace the *ahem* fan boyism

Since you're a CZ guy I will say the P-10 is a damn fine pistol but too F'n big to cc.

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Since you're a CZ guy I will say the P-10 is a damn fine pistol but too F'n big to cc.
it's right between a g19 and 17 in size. more of a duty type gun than a cc. just my take on it.

all the police departments around me are issuing s&w mp2's. where did the glocks go?

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
About the only thing that interests me is the flared magwell and front cut out to strip mags on the Gen 5. Front serrations are worthless in my opinion and people tend to replace the factory sights with a quality set of their preference anyway so why drive the price up by including metal sights....

Last edited:

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Maybe it's the tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of rounds I've shot through Glocks, but the Glock trigger is my favorite trigger ever. It's like my brain is so trained subconsciously to the exact pull of a Glock trigger that everything else feels wrong. And that includes my collection of Colt revolvers, Python included, along with a SAA that I had the legend Jim Martin do the action work. I guess trigger preference really is a personal thing. I just can't bear using another carry pistol because none of them feel like my Glocks.

That said, I'm not a Glock fanboy, and my gun collecting interests stray far away from Glocks. The several Glocks I own are all working guns for duty and off-duty carry, and at this point I don't need anymore. So I think I will be passing on the Gen5s.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
About the only thing that interests me is the flared magwell and front cut out to strip mags on the Gen 5. Front stations are worthless in my opinion and people tend to replace the factory sights with a quality set of their preference anyway so why drive the price up by including metal sights....
I would rather have quality night sights any ways. The front rail is negligible for me as I don't tend to use it. I did mount TLR-6 on my wife's G43 and had a custom holster made for it.