Two New Glocks Coming

Faktory 47

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I hate the finger grooves, the backstrap hump/angle, the trigger, the thickness of the grip, just to name a few things. They also feel completely unbalanced. Do Glocks work, and work well? Yes, they do. I used to own a ton of them. I just got sick of feeling like I was settling on something I didn't like. To each his own though.

Glock and Apple are a lot alike. They don't listen to their customers at all. They make whatever the hell they feel like and try to tell you what you want/need.
And both make a metric fuck ton of money lol... Theyre doing something right.

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
And both make a metric fuck ton of money lol... Theyre doing something right.

Never said they weren't. They are both marketing geniuses and run their businesses very well.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I love glocks, it pains me a little to be trading my 19 away.

That said, glock has been riding on their history of reliability and law enforcement use for a very long time.

The last several years the striker fired pistol market has grown a lot with all the major manufacturers making them and all of them have been reliable with the exception of a few hiccups. Glocks main benefit at this point is availability of aftermarket parts and holsters. Aside from that there is not a huge benefit to them over their competitors.

I think in the coming years, with the gun industry the way it is glock is going to step their game up and start making some more drastic changes or they will start to see their sales begin to decline in favor of guns with better ergonomics and triggers that can be had for the same price.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
I love glocks, it pains me a little to be trading my 19 away.

That said, glock has been riding on their history of reliability and law enforcement use for a very long time.

The last several years the striker fired pistol market has grown a lot with all the major manufacturers making them and all of them have been reliable with the exception of a few hiccups. Glocks main benefit at this point is availability of aftermarket parts and holsters. Aside from that there is not a huge benefit to them over their competitors.

I think in the coming years, with the gun industry the way it is glock is going to step their game up and start making some more drastic changes or they will start to see their sales begin to decline in favor of guns with better ergonomics and triggers that can be had for the same price.

pains me that I was too slow to be on the other end of that trade :( lol.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I don't hate Glocks, I simply don't like them. I'd rather risk my P320 falling from over my head and shooting me or my HK failing when I pull it out of a sloppy pit of mud.
I fondled a 320 compact. Felt much bigger in my hand than my 19. If it werent for that Id have one. I like them a lot.

HK is another story lol...

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I fondled a 320 compact. Felt much bigger in my hand than my 19. If it werent for that Id have one. I like them a lot.

HK is another story lol...
My HK is a P30 and actually the hammer guns didn't have the issues that the VP9 had in the torture test. The HK is my go to EDC & my favorite medium frame polymer pistol. That and a P290 when I need subcompact for deeper concealment reasons.

I will say that the G19 carries and conceals very well. I loved it more when it was in the holster than I did when it was in my hand. Owned and traded my first and last two Glocks recently. There is some appeal, but overall I don't see what all the hype is about. I had more failures with those two guns than I've had with hk, sig and m&p combined.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
My HK is a P30 and actually the hammer guns didn't have the issues that the VP9 had in the torture test. The HK is my go to EDC & my favorite medium frame polymer pistol. That and a P290 when I need subcompact for deeper concealment reasons.

I will say that the G19 carries and conceals very well. I loved it more when it was in the holster than I did when it was in my hand. Owned and traded my first and last two Glocks recently. There is some appeal, but overall I don't see what all the hype is about. I had more failures with those two guns than I've had with hk, sig and m&p combined.
Sounds self inflicted... What failures occurred with them?? Ive had veryyyyyyyy few glock issues and all of which were entirely self inflicted.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code

I'm the opposite, I have never had a problem with any glock I've owned but had FTE with the USP I had and several double feeds with a M&P.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm the opposite, I have never had a problem with any glock I've owned but had FTE with the USP I had and several double feeds with a M&P.
I wanna love the M&P. That sumbitch is just unlovable. Recently picked up a 2.0 to give it another try and had to stop carrying it cause the placement and pertrusion of the mag release button causes the magazine to get released by the holster. Every time I stand up from my desk or get out of the truck I have to pick the magazine up off the ground.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I wanna love the M&P. That sumbitch is just unlovable. Recently picked up a 2.0 to give it another try and had to stop carrying it cause the placement and pertrusion of the mag release button causes the magazine to get released by the holster. Every time I stand up from my desk or get out of the truck I have to pick the magazine up off the ground.
Hahahahahahaha wtf. What holster are you running? Most makers dont put kydex over the mag release, although I do see an occasional goofball doing it... If its a hybrid, id be surprised if the leather was able to do that.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Hahahahahahaha wtf. What holster are you running? Most makers dont put kydex over the mag release, although I do see an occasional goofball doing it... If its a hybrid, id be surprised if the leather was able to do that.
Crossbreed supertuck and alien gear both did it.