This in honor of BDD...

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Been talking about this for over a year :) If you have never shot one of these....well....don't...unless you have about $700 lying around the house. I was going to get the SR45C when it shows up in a few months. I hear it's a great gun (the standard model). This is the pride of my herd. It is the stallion of all my mares...it is the king of all the princes and princesses in the kingdom...it is the bees knees, and the cats meow. Guess I'll stop now. UNBELIVABLE PISTOL.

M

mukwah

Craig....did you get one of these?????

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Congrats to you buddy! I can't imagine anyone getting that Ruger and not being over the moon happy. Out of all the guns I have ever owned, it was the Ruger 1911 that made me start reloading so I could shoot it more. Good for you. :)

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Looks like he did! Looks like he new commander size too. Congrats Craig!

You should have gotten in on the free mag raffle!

M

mukwah

Well congrats Craig!!!!Man, I'm really happy you got your SR1911!! That is one beautiful firearm! And a Ruger to top it off! Very nice catch!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Nope Doug...it is the full size rig. I'd buy lots of .45...if I could find em...!! It is a real shooter. Cant believe how soft it is with 185 Grain on board. It is easier to grab on to than my Sr40C. The grips are amazing. Hey Doug...I'm thinking....;)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Hey BDD...I got two mags with..one with a plastic butt plate...the other just flat metal with no butt plate. Sound right? The first cleaning was a bugger. Sure it'll be easier next time. Put about 30 downrange...and it was pretty dirty.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
framedcraig1 said:
Nope Doug...it is the full size rig. I'd buy lots of .45...if I could find em...!! It is a real shooter. Cant believe how soft it is with 185 Grain on board. It is easier to grab on to than my Sr40C. The grips are amazing. Hey Doug...I'm thinking....;)

Good for you! Mine is full size too and it is also a great shooter, but it is a Springfield Armory Govt model. I was also surprised how easy they are to shoot. Thought they would kick like a mule, but not! I think the weight of the gun helps in that area.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
framedcraig1 said:
Hey BDD...I got two mags with..one with a plastic butt plate...the other just flat metal with no butt plate. Sound right? The first cleaning was a bugger. Sure it'll be easier next time. Put about 30 downrange...and it was pretty dirty.

Yep, two mags. I think I could clean mine with my eyes closed now. First time though the spring got away and put a small dent in the kitchen ceiling. Fortunately it is a rough finish so the wife never noticed.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I'll bet you laughed when I said I'm done buying ....
Slowhand!!. (With your collection). But I am pretty comfortable with my gun safe now. This 1911 is an amazing pistol. Thanks all for your nice reponses. This is a great forum gentlemen....

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Great pickup Craig! My LGS had the Commander version a month ago when I was there, but had my wife with me, so I passed. Went back 3 days later & it was gone. Now I'm kicking myself. Be glad, be very glad you actually bought this beauty. You will love it like no other! Slowhand is absolutely correct, they do in fact Breed! Enjoy my friend. Yogi 8)

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Yep, two mags. I think I could clean mine with my eyes closed now. First time though the spring got away and put a small dent in the kitchen ceiling. Fortunately it is a rough finish so the wife never noticed.

I use a clear plastic bag to put my mags in when I takem apart to catch those springs and followers when they like to go flying..... :p

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
mayonardo said:
Congratulations! I am totally envious. If I get enough spare cash someday, that is number one on my list.

Mayo.
iPhone & Tapatalk
Mayo...Its a beaut my firend. Gonna have to walk to work for a couple of months...but prolly worth it. People have always said what a soft shooter it is..but you really can't believe it till you put them downrange yourself. Gotta get reloading so i can keep shooting this sweetheart.!

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Sher went with me to shoot today...Sher went with me to shoot today...Sher....oh...you got it. Told her I had a new pistol, and she said "if it has as much perceived recoil as the SR40C.. I don't want to shoot it." (I have always been amazed with how LITTLE recoil that pistol has!). I said just shoot it one time...and then decide. She took one look at the bullets and was not very excited. I said just think it through after the first shot, and then decide if you want to to empty the mag. I showed her how to run the gun, and shot the first mag. Loaded it up and she shot once...and then went right on!. She said "I love this pistol"!... Okay...I'm in heaven! Its memorial day, and my anniversary. Wow. ! She shot three mags, and really didn't want to go to the SR22PB.. YAHOO!!!!!!