The REAL threat..

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I'm with everyone here, but I really believe the NRA needs a new Public relations company. They need to learn how to sell the good image of what they are about and logical appeal to the sport of shooting. Instead, they just try to ram the same stuff down the public's throat. Forcing your ideas on people does work for either side.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
davevabch said:
I'm with everyone here, but I really believe the NRA needs a new Public relations company. They need to learn how to sell the good image of what they are about and logical appeal to the sport of shooting. Instead, they just try to ram the same stuff down the public's throat. Forcing your ideas on people does work for either side.
I still think the NRA is our best shot, but this isn't Charleton Heston's world anymore. He has cold, dead hands already. We do need a much more enlightened image and less emphasis on diametrical opposition to elected officials who don't fit their mold. They will all eventually erode to being the opposition if we continue to look like bullies instead of trying to pull them into the fold... It wouldn't hurt to promote all the benefical training and activities already available with the NRA stamp on them. Expand on those programs to help in the "just-in-case."

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I still think the NRA is our best shot, but this isn't Charleton Heston's world anymore. He has cold, dead hands already.

I nead some help here. Is that funny or mean? My wife says I tend to like comedy with a victim so I need a little clarification.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:
I still think the NRA is our best shot, but this isn't Charleton Heston's world anymore. He has cold, dead hands already.

I nead some help here. Is that funny or mean? My wife says I tend to like comedy with a victim so I need a little clarification.

I like your sense of humor, but my wife doesn't like mine. I don't think I was much help. ???

Tarheel

Hunter
framedcraig1 said:
I think...Therfore I...(you finish it..)

...firmly believe that in wine there is truth, in beer there is strength, in hard liquor there is enlightenment...in water there is bacteria, lead and other assorted crap that will eventually kill you.

Be safe...trust me,

Tarheel

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:

From my cold dead hands

No attempt or desire to be mean. It was just poignant off color humor.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Trigger_1 said:
I bet if we could digCharltonn Heston up he would be holding a rifle..... ;)

I'd bet he would be too and you'd play heck getting it out of those Cold Dead Hands. Heston, a former Hollywood Liberal became a Conservative Republican around 1972. In 1995 he started supporting the NRA and got involved. From 1998-2003 he served 5 Terms as a President Ceremonial Spokesman. We could sure use another like him.

He was the right guy, in the right place and the right time for us. He hardly needed a more enlightened image since he had enough of Liberals or Progressive Thinkers to last hin a life time. He placed an emphasis on diametrical opposition to elected officials who were doing their best to take away a whole bunch of of our liberties, not just the 2nd Amendment. Voting them out was self defense.

He would have understood what a politician meant when he talked about reshaping our nation into a Collective State. Somehow the term brings to mind an ant hill or bees nest where drones and workers labor under the will of an exhaulted, glorified leader. This being would of course not be bothered by obstructionists within his own party. Nor would his will be bound by a Constitution or Bill of Rights.

That's what Heston was talking about in the speech before he waived the weapon and issued a challenge to Vice President Gore. Gore was doing back then what Joe Biden is doing today, leading the same sort of mindless crusade and witch hunt. That's something I oppose, gladly.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
God Bless Bill Stevens. Every word he spoke including his use of CH's 5 words were in context and a source of truth and inspiration, not ridicule and derision as seen in sound bytes and video clips presented by the opposition recently. The balance needed to be tipped back to the side of patriotism and his contribution was very powerful.
This was the direction I was clumsily trying to go in recent posts, but it was needed and he nailed it.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
3Coyotes said:
God Bless Bill Stevens. Every word he spoke including his use of CH's 5 words were in context and a source of truth and inspiration, not ridicule and derision as seen in sound bytes and video clips presented by the opposition recently. The balance needed to be tipped back to the side of patriotism and his contribution was very powerful.
This was the direction I was clumsily trying to go in recent posts, but it was needed and he nailed it.

+1 on that, have to admit that was a powerful and very heart felt speech, I be darned if my eyes weren't watery at the end of his speech. God Bless Bill Stevens and all the other law abiding Americans that just want to keep their right to defend their family and country.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I believe that is what you call starting the nail, driving the nail, and then hitting it one more time just to be sure. Well done Mr. Stevens.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
bigdogdaddy said:
I believe that is what you call starting the nail, driving the nail, and then hitting it one more time just to be sure. Well done Mr. Stevens.

+1 BDD.........More and more folks are getting on board like Bill Stevens...... ;)

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I don't know what the anti-gun people are worried about. In case they haven't noticed, there is no more Ammo in America unless the bad guys started hoarding like everyone else. Laws don't have to stop gun violence. The gun folks did it for them by buying up all the ammo with their crazy frantic loss of control. Real smart move, and one that will ruin the sport. No one will be shooting for a long time.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
davevabch said:
I don't know what the anti-gun people are worried about. In case they haven't noticed, there is no more Ammo in America unless the bad guys started hoarding like everyone else. Laws don't have to stop gun violence. The gun folks did it for them by buying up all the ammo with their crazy frantic loss of control. Real smart move, and one that will ruin the sport. No one will be shooting for a long time.

I picked up Four boxes of 9mm yesterday at Sportsman Ware House. It's starting to come back. I also noticed they had 14 semi-automatic, 5.56mm, Armalite Rifle design based rifles that were selling like hot cakes for under $800. I don't even call the one I own an "AR" anymore. If it doesn't have a selector lever swith position for AUTO, it's not an Assault RIfle, I don't care how you "Fluff" it up.

We went through all this in 2008, in a much lesser degree since the gun grabbers were still playing "Nice" about it. Now that they have started playing hard ball we need to stand our ground. There are millions of people in this country like Bill Stevens who are not going to stand for this nonsense.