Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I live on a golf course, and occasionally a wild varmint can make its way onto our deck and threaten a certain someone's (ms dougiemac' white fluff ball of a dog) pet and the varmint threat needs to be removed. Quiets have been my best option.

And according to our community HOA, even pellet guns are a no-no. They're literally anti-American freedom hating nazis.

If that's the case you probably don't want something that's gonna cycle a slide and throw a casing(probably off of your porch and into your yard). That way you can collect the evidence more easily. Sounds like you need a 22LR LCR. Then you could also train with your BUG on the cheap as well.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Wrist rocket. If your going to shoot something with CCI quiets or colibri you would probably do more damage saying mean things to it.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
If that's the case you probably don't want something that's gonna cycle a slide and throw a casing(probably off of your porch and into your yard). That way you can collect the evidence more easily.

Indeed. I hold the action closed to prevent most of my hosts from cycling.

Makes it quieter too.

I even hold the slide closed with my thumb on my Glock quite a bit.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Y'all dont be hating on the CCI Quiets. I've been shooting Quiets out of my bolt gun in my back yard a lot lately(unsuppressed). I'm really not supposed to shoot anything other than pellet guns but the CCI Quiets are quieter than my pellet rifle so nobody knows the difference. I think that the Quiets have their place in certain situations where you need to be discreet about shooting. @dougiemac has neighbors a lot closer than I do so I can see why he would need to use them.

Reactions: dougiemac

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Got a Colibri stuck in my FVSR's barrel one time.

True story.

Most of 'em make it down range but this time it didn't. Cleaning rod from the breech end and was back in business.

But like NWS said, I'm sure you could do more damage with a sling shot.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

True story.

Most of 'em make it down range but this time it didn't. Cleaning rod from the breech end and was back in business.

I was gonna try some Colibri's but read that several people had issues out of rifles with them with getting them stuck in their barrels. The CCI Quiets are quiet enough for me.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

True story.

My slingshot did just fine.
IMG_5089.JPG

Reactions: Jake

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Love my M&P .22 Compact.

Great host.