So, ARE YOU READY for ISIS?!?!?!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I'd assume you'd agree that natural changes would be gradual yes? What we have witnessed is far from gradual, and doesn't point to any particular natural cycle.

I'm not sure how gradual it would be, honestly. Look at the Ice Age.. Relatively that wasn't gradual. Climate change is a tricky thing for the very fact that mother nature tends to do what ever she wants with no warning at all. It's not an absolute science.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
You can certainly calculate the effects of gravity without understanding what gives an object mass. No matter what you believe, it's a pretty tough sell to be peddling the "there's no way that billions of the worst kinds of parasites are having zero affect" rhetoric.

No more effect than those same parasites would have if they had come from a volcano. (Which has happened-many times. Only on a scale many orders of magnitude higher than mankind has ever produced.)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
This is a relatively small, but very important slice of time. It shows a slice of human history that has seen the largest increase in industrialization ever.
I used to be involved in commodities trading, and if I'd seen a trendline like this, I'd be looking to bet the farm on what was coming next. This is the most robust and least refutable trend line you can draw.

And yes, correlation does not equal causation, but does anyone think that it's absolutely impossible that humans are having an effect? Just match up a few key dates.

trend-since-1998.png

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
I saw Climate Change raping a sheep by the highway.

I called the cops.

When questioned, Climate Change only had this to say:

"Honest officer-I was just helping that sheep over the fence."

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
No more effect than those same parasites would have if they had come from a volcano. (Which has happened-many times. Only on a scale many orders of magnitude higher than mankind has ever produced.)
Yeah, except volcanoes spew forth known substances, all of which are naturally occurring. Some are incredibly toxic, but seriously don't degrade what has been a good argument on your part with "volcanoes".

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Yeah, except volcanoes spew forth known substances, all of which are naturally occurring. Some are incredibly toxic, but seriously don't degrade what has been a good argument on your part with "volcanoes".

What the hell is the difference between "naturally occurring" CO2 and methane? Those are exactly the same molecules!

-The only difference is the many orders of magnitude greater quantity which came out of the Siberian vent.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
This is a relatively small, but very important slice of time. It shows a slice of human history that has seen the largest increase in industrialization ever.
I used to be involved in commodities trading, and if I'd seen a trendline like this, I'd be looking to bet the farm on what was coming next. This is the most robust and least refutable trend line you can draw.

And yes, correlation does not equal causation, but does anyone think that it's absolutely impossible that humans are having an effect? Just match up a few key dates.

View attachment 11145

Are those the "modified" temperature graphs?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What the hell is the difference between "naturally occurring" CO2 and methane? Those are exactly the same molecules!

-The only difference is the many orders of magnitude greater quantity which came out of the Siberian vent.
For one, C02 isn't the only thing we're pumping out that'll cause issues. Also, there is no recovery from human production of carbon dioxide. It's a steady, and increasing release into the atmosphere. A volcano is a one and done for a century or longer event. Equilibrium is reached in other words. There's no opportunity for that with human based co2 release.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
lol, I don' think so.

If you're charting a stock instead of temperature, what do you see?

It's a classic trendline over 130 years.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia

Of course they are.

The "scientists" can't do anything without playing games.

We only have reliable temp data back about 130 years. Yet these dumbasses are attempting to not only divine what the "correct" temperature is for the planet, but to somehow say that this 130 years is representative of all the millions of years that life has been here. Plus, they are trying to extrapolate a control system from this which simply doesn't exist.

The whole field is trash. I am a huge science nerd. I know what the scientific method is. Nothing about "manmade climate change" is or was ever based on the scientific method.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Of course they are.

The "scientists" can't do anything without playing games.

We only have reliable temp data back about 130 years. Yet these dumbasses are attempting to not only divine what the "correct" temperature is for the planet, but to somehow say that this 130 years is representative of all the millions of years that life has been here. Plus, they are trying to extrapolate a control system from this which simply doesn't exist.

The whole field is trash. I am a huge science nerd. I know what the scientific method is. Nothing about "manmade climate change" is or was ever based on the scientific method.
So what you're saying is that there aren't any scientists that do good, unbiased work..is that correct? Professionals trained in the field are somehow inept and it's the basement science nerds that will crawl out of their parent's basements and save the world from tomfoolery right? Is this a Hollywood flick? lol

Last edited:

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
How did we get from discussing ISIS and your daily load out to freaking climate change? I think @Laufen entertains himself by seeing just how far he can drift a thread.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
How did we get from discussing ISIS and your daily load out to freaking climate change? I think @Laufen entertains himself by seeing just how far he can drift a thread.
Nope, that was T-Roy that diverted the thread this time. Scroll back a few pages for irrefutable proof. ;)

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
1396906442590140.jpg

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
For one, C02 isn't the only thing we're pumping out that'll cause issues. Also, there is no recovery from human production of carbon dioxide. It's a steady, and increasing release into the atmosphere. A volcano is a one and done for a century or longer event. Equilibrium is reached in other words. There's no opportunity for that with human based co2 release.

What (at this point) does it matter?

-Seriously....

You aren't getting the "orders of magnitude" part of the statement.

This means that many, many times more CO2 and methane were produced at once by these events. Somehow the Earth digested it.

I am not arguing that something on the level of a huge supervolcano event has no effect. It does. But the point is one of scale. Something like a major asteroid impact or a huge chain of volcanoes definitely can disrupt the climate. Human activity which produces greenhouse gases is simply nowhere near the scale to have such an effect. We are talking 20 to hundreds of orders of magnitude less.

The whole area of research is based on people's misunderstanding of scale. Sure-some huge impact probably wiped out the dinosaurs. There have been 4 or 5 such events in the history of the planet. But those events are on a magnitude so far beyond what mankind could ever do-it is beyond the ability of most people to grasp.

So, build a whole field of study based on false assumptions, throw in poor science education, toss in some unscrupulous politicians who control all the grants to fund all "research" into this field of study..... Mix all those ingredients-and voila! You have the crap we call "climate science."

Reactions: Dinky Dau and Shemp