Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What (at this point) does it matter?

Human activity which produces greenhouse gases is simply nowhere near the scale to have such an effect. ."

I don't think it does matter, I don't think capitalism, industrialism, communism, and environmentalism are compatible.

You will need to back up this claim though. "Human activity which produces greenhouse gases is simply nowhere near the scale to have such an effect."

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
So what you're saying is that there aren't any scientists that do good, unbiased work..is that correct? Professionals trained in the field are somehow inept and it's the basement science nerds that will crawl out of their parent's basements and save the world from tomfoolery right? Is this a Hollywood flick? lol

I'm saying that academics depend on grants.

Their professional careers are built around being able to secure and use govt grants. And the govt controls about 100% of the money going into university-level research.

The problem is the scientific method is simply not being used here.

There is no way that the last 130 years of temperature data proves anything meaningful about the overall health and long-term suitability of our climate.

That's just one of the problems. There are many others:
-The "climate models" do not predict anything involving cold events. They cannot explain or predict anything about ice ages.
-Those models don't handle factors like cloud cover-at all.
-They don't handle unusual events like volcano eruptions or an asteroid or comet impact. If those type events were plugged into models we use now, the Earth would instantly become Venus. Obviously, we are still here, so they don't work for that either.
-The models don't factor in:
Variable solar activity
Ocean current/salinity/temperature changes (the conveyor.)

These are just a few of the issues I can think of off the top of my head.

Main point is the scientific method demands that researchers take in all evidence and create a hypothesis to explain things. This would create a model which would work on all scales, and would not selectively "work" for certain observations, but not others.

In sum-the entire area of research is completely corrupted by politics/money. None of the research can be trusted.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm saying that academics depend on grants.

Their professional careers are built around being able to secure and use govt grants. And the govt controls about 100% of the money going into university-level research.

The problem is the scientific method is simply not being used here.

There is no way that the last 130 years of temperature data proves anything meaningful about the overall health and long-term suitability of our climate.

That's just one of the problems. There are many others:
-The "climate models" do not predict anything involving cold events. They cannot explain or predict anything about ice ages.
-Those models don't handle factors like cloud cover-at all.
-They don't handle unusual events like volcano eruptions or an asteroid or comet impact. If those type events were plugged into models we use now, the Earth would instantly become Venus. Obviously, we are still here, so they don't work for that either.
-The models don't factor in:

Actually that's only true for a small percentage of climatologists. The majority work independently funded by universities, and operate on a research budget (usually pretty meager). Grants can be applied for, but they are few and far between, and have zero stipulations for doctoring evidence attached.

I'm good friends with a lot of academics and pretty thoroughly understand how grant applications and implementation works. It's definitely not as nefarious as what you might believe. I do hope that helps you to sleep a little more soundly tonight. ;)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Too true. But I still think that you get bored while working from home and half your time here is just a mental exercise to stave off boredom!
lol, read shit like this all day and tell me you wouldn't do the same!

1. An electric power transmission system for communications, comprising:

• a main switch for turning on or off high-voltage AC (alternating current) power transmitted from a transmission grid;
  • a plurality of on/off switches;
  • a plurality of high-voltage power assemblies each electrically connected to one of the on/off switches;
  • a plurality of groups of high-voltage devices, each group of high-voltage devices being powered by one of the high-voltage power assemblies;
  • a carrier waves communications network electrically connected to the remaining ones of the on/off switches, the carrier waves communications network comprising a transformer and filter electrically connected to one of the on/off switches, a filter electrically connected to one of the on/off switches, and a carrier waves coupling device electrically interconnecting the transformer and filter and the filter wherein the transformer and filter comprises a low-voltage power assembly for communications and the filter comprises a high-voltage power assembly for communications;
  • a plurality of low-voltage devices being powered by the low-voltage power assembly for communications; and
  • a plurality of high-voltage devices being powered by the high-voltage power assembly for communications,
  • wherein the low-voltage power assembly for communications is adapted to reduce voltage of the high-voltage AC power transmitted from the transmission grid to a predetermined low voltage;
  • wherein the low-voltage power assembly for communications is adapted to filter out noise in the AC having the predetermined low voltage;
  • wherein data communications among the low-voltage devices is effected by transmitting carrier waves therebetween over the AC having the predetermined low voltage;
  • wherein the high-voltage power assembly for communications is adapted to filter out noise in the high-voltage AC power;
  • wherein data communications among the high-voltage devices is effected by transmitting carrier waves therebetween over the high-voltage AC power; and
  • wherein data is adapted to send either from the low-voltage device to the high-voltage device by transmitting carrier waves from the low-voltage power assembly for communications to the high-voltage power assembly for communications via the carrier waves coupling device or from the high-voltage device to the low-voltage device by transmitting carrier waves from the high-voltage power assembly for communications to the low-voltage power assembly for communications via the carrier waves coupling device.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Actually that's only true for a small percentage of climatologists. The majority work independently funded by universities, and operate on a research budget (usually pretty meager). Grants can be applied for, but they are few and far between, and have zero stipulations for doctoring evidence attached.

I'm good friends with a lot of academics and pretty thoroughly understand how grant applications and implementation works. It's definitely not as nefarious as what you might believe. I do hope that helps you to sleep a little more soundly tonight. ;)

If you believe that, show me where any govt grants have gone to support any "climate change deniers."

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If you believe that, show me where any govt grants have gone to support any "climate change deniers."
Those grants come from Exxon and British Petroleum lol.

The whole idea of the grants is that they go to a person for continuation of research, not with the intention of "proving" something.

My wife has received numerous grants, and never has there ever been any type of stipulation on what types of results are expected, or a steering toward a particular type of result.

It's really not shady at all.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code

• a main switch for turning on or off high-voltage AC (alternating current) power transmitted from a transmission grid;
  • a plurality of high-voltage power assemblies each electrically connected to one of the on/off switches;
  • a plurality of groups of high-voltage devices, each group of high-voltage devices being powered by one of the high-voltage power assemblies;
  • a carrier waves communications network electrically connected to the remaining ones of the on/off switches, the carrier waves communications network comprising a transformer and filter electrically connected to one of the on/off switches, a filter electrically connected to one of the on/off switches, and a carrier waves coupling device electrically interconnecting the transformer and filter and the filter wherein the transformer and filter comprises a low-voltage power assembly for communications and the filter comprises a high-voltage power assembly for communications;
  • a plurality of low-voltage devices being powered by the low-voltage power assembly for communications; and
  • a plurality of high-voltage devices being powered by the high-voltage power assembly for communications,
  • wherein the low-voltage power assembly for communications is adapted to reduce voltage of the high-voltage AC power transmitted from the transmission grid to a predetermined low voltage;
  • wherein the low-voltage power assembly for communications is adapted to filter out noise in the AC having the predetermined low voltage;
  • wherein data communications among the low-voltage devices is effected by transmitting carrier waves therebetween over the AC having the predetermined low voltage;
  • wherein the high-voltage power assembly for communications is adapted to filter out noise in the high-voltage AC power;
  • wherein data communications among the high-voltage devices is effected by transmitting carrier waves therebetween over the high-voltage AC power; and
  • wherein data is adapted to send either from the low-voltage device to the high-voltage device by transmitting carrier waves from the low-voltage power assembly for communications to the high-voltage power assembly for communications via the carrier waves coupling device or from the high-voltage device to the low-voltage device by transmitting carrier waves from the high-voltage power assembly for communications to the low-voltage power assembly for communications via the carrier waves coupling device.
No freaking way that I could deal with that! Are you an engineer?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

I feel your pain.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Those grants come from Exxon and British Petroleum lol.

The whole idea of the grants is that they go to a person for continuation of research, not with the intention of "proving" something.

My wife has received numerous grants, and never has there ever been any type of stipulation on what types of results are expected, or a steering toward a particular type of result.

It's really not shady at all.

Your wife wouldn't ever get tenure if she were a "denier" in that field of research.. Not to mention department chair positions, etc etc.

Read what I posted about eugenics. Tell me that ain't exactly the same situation.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Your wife wouldn't ever get tenure if she were a "denier" in that field of research.. Not to mention department chair positions, etc etc.

Read what I posted about eugenics. Tell me that ain't exactly the same situation.
You also wouldn't get tenure if you were a holocaust denier in the field of history.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Yeah, of course bastardized science is dangerous, but not all science is bastardized. Unfortunately, a lot of people (not saying you) feel like any science that flies in the face of their beliefs is automatically tainted, and dismissed out of hand... That's equally dangerous, and I'm sure you'd agree.

I am not a religious fundamentalist. Like I mentioned, I love science and technology.

It just really burns my ass when I see politicians co-opt something like this to suit their own desires. Climate change is simply not science. It is 100% politics.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Yeah, of course bastardized science is dangerous, but not all science is bastardized. Unfortunately, a lot of people (not saying you) feel like any science that flies in the face of their beliefs is automatically tainted, and dismissed out of hand... That's equally dangerous, and I'm sure you'd agree.
I have a thought on this, but must resist the drift!