So, ARE YOU READY for ISIS?!?!?!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
Well there ain't much worse for the environment than Israel nuking Tehran because we didn't back them up and let it escalate to that point.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
Whether you believe the science points toward a natural warming, man-made warming, or a combination of the two...don't forget that we as sportsman and women have extra responsibility on taking care of the natural environment around us. There are plenty of people that barely go outdoors, and think the best meat you can get comes from whole foods. Make sure you don't let your disdain for climate politics sully your attitude toward conservation and care for the natural world.

I can agree with that!

I totally think "manmade climate change" is the worst possible abortion of "science" we have seen in our lifetimes. It is politically-driven fantasy.

But I am all for wildlife conservation, energy conservation-(voluntary-not govt mandated) and eliminating pollution where possible.

Definitely 100% agree with those ideals!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Well there ain't much worse for the environment than Israel nuking Tehran because we didn't back them up and let it escalate to that point.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
There's no reason to dump any more cash or blood into Israel's mess. That's their problem.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Climate change raped my mother and killed my father. It also got me addicted to nicotene

Reactions: T-Roy

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Climate change raped my mother and killed my father. It also got me addicted to nicotene
I don't truly believe there is much we can do to prevent the inevitable. Pollution plus any change in climactic conditions will eventually fuck us if something else doesn't first.

There's no way that the health of countries, and developing nations can be measured in increasing consumption and production, and at the same time be beating the sustainability drum. Does that make sense to anyone else? Increased consumption from emerging economies and increasing populations is a powder keg, and buying a fucking Nissan Leaf isn't going to make our air any cleaner. I truly think that we're beyond the point at which small, incremental changes in manufacturing standards matter.

The US has done a pretty admirable job cleaning up shorelines and reducing air pollution, but in the meantime the China's of the world don't seem to have any fucks to give, and their population and consumption does and will continue to increase.

It's easy to sit in the woods here, smelling the clean air, fishing in clear mountain streams and thinking that the concerns that crazy "tree huggers" have is bullshit..I did too, but we're fucked.

Everyone is pretty much partially right. The Earth is experiencing a warming trend, that's irrefutable unless you're going to debate that smaller numbers are actually bigger. It's a potentially natural occurence, and certainly post industrial human activity has had a calculable affect. Combine that with a system that rewards more consumption and production and we're done.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I don't truly believe there is much we can do to prevent the inevitable. Pollution plus any change in climactic conditions will eventually fuck us if something else doesn't first.

There's no way that the health of countries, and developing nations can be measured in increasing consumption and production, and at the same time be beating the sustainability drum. Does that make sense to anyone else? Increased consumption from emerging economies and increasing populations is a powder keg, and buying a fucking Nissan Leaf isn't going to make our air any cleaner. I truly think that we're beyond the point at which small, incremental changes in manufacturing standards matter.

The US has done a pretty admirable job cleaning up shorelines and reducing air pollution, but in the meantime the China's of the world don't seem to have any fucks to give, and their population and consumption does and will continue to increase.

It's easy to sit in the woods here, smelling the clean air, fishing in clear mountain streams and thinking that the concerns that crazy "tree huggers" have is bullshit..I did too, but we're fucked.

Everyone is pretty much partially right. The Earth is experiencing a warming trend, that's irrefutable unless you're going to debate that smaller numbers are actually bigger. It's a potentially natural occurence, and certainly post industrial human activity has had a calculable affect. Combine that with a system that rewards more consumption and production and we're done.

See this is what I agree with. Climate change is a natural event. We are adding to the "problem" but it is part of the Earth's lifecycle. I don't think we should blame everything on climate change since we are unaware of exactly how much we effect it versus what the natural effects are. It just seems like we shouldn't be trying to figure out if climate change exists... because it does... we just need to figure out how much of the change is from pollution rather than natural change.

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
See this is what I agree with. Climate change is a natural event. We are adding to the "problem" but it is part of the Earth's lifecycle. I don't think we should blame everything on climate change since we are unaware of exactly how much we effect it versus what the natural effects are. It just seems like we shouldn't be trying to figure out if climate change exists... because it does... we need to figure out what is caused by natural changes or by man made pollution.
It's obviously a product of both. Post industrial stats point to a pretty blatantly obvious trend.

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia

Not really.

The same people who calculate that stuff can't tell you when the next ice age will come-or what exactly the hell causes ice ages.

You want to talk about something that will screw with civilization? Park a few glaciers as far south as TN, and we will talk big trouble.

One of my many problems with the "scientists" involved here is they claim to have stuff all figured out on one end of the thermostat, but they will openly admit they have no clue about the other end.

At any rate, it is a great example of science getting hijacked by politics.

On a realistic level, we can help prevent pollution and we can be responsible in how we harvest what the Earth has to offer. But the temp system of our planet is way beyond our ability to control or influence on any meaningful level. Just get one of those "climate scientist" idiots to tell you how to stop an ice age. He will shrug his shoulders and say "can't be done." There-you have your answer to just how much influence we have on global warming.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

For once when talking about this you actually seem to be a thoughtful person rather than a global warming drone. Regardless of whether you believe that mankind has had an effect on the climate or not as a result of the last 150 years of industrial activity ( that combined still doesn't come close to matching what nature did in the same time period) it is pretty hard to defend the idea that we don't need to decrease our pollution as much as possible. Everyone in the US could revert back to caveman living and forsake nearly all emissions and it wouldn't matter a damn as Asia and Africa are spewing out things far more dangerous than a few fractions of a percent of NoX out the back back of your TDI.

The majority of what is being done in Europe and the US is largely for show...and control.

It does blow my miond that the US doesn't do the simple things like actually fucking recycle. Will it solve the problems? Hell no....but god damn why the hell do we keep burying shit we can melt down and reuse?

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
It's obviously a product of both. Post industrial stats point to a pretty blatantly obvious trend.

So do sun cycles, ocean temp/current changes, etc. Just because 100% of people who died within the last 24 hours breathed air, you can't conclude that air causes death.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So do sun cycles, ocean temp/current changes, etc. Just because 100% of people who died within the last 24 hours breathed air, you can't conclude that air causes death.

QUIET!!!!! Don't give the EPA any ideas. Before long that kooky "Air tax" will be law.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Not really.

The same people who calculate that stuff can't tell you when the next ice age will come-or what exactly the hell causes ice ages.

You want to talk about something that will screw with civilization? Park a few glaciers as far south as TN, and we will talk big trouble.

One of my many problems with the "scientists" involved here is they claim to have stuff all figured out on one end of the thermostat, but they will openly admit they have no clue about the other end.

At any rate, it is a great example of science getting hijacked by politics.

On a realistic level, we can help prevent pollution and we can be responsible in how we harvest what the Earth has to offer. But the temp system of our planet is way beyond our ability to control or influence on any meaningful level. Just get one of those "climate scientist" idiots to tell you how to stop an ice age. He will shrug his shoulders and say "can't be done." There-you have your answer to just how much influence we have on global warming.
You can certainly calculate the effects of gravity without understanding what gives an object mass. No matter what you believe, it's a pretty tough sell to be peddling the "there's no way that billions of the worst kinds of parasites are having zero affect" rhetoric.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code

That last line should have read...

See this is what I agree with. Climate change is a natural event. We are adding to the "problem" but it is part of the Earth's lifecycle. I don't think we should blame everything on climate change since we are unaware of exactly how much we effect it versus what the natural effects are. It just seems like we shouldn't be trying to figure out if climate change exists... because it does... we just need to figure out how much of the change is from pollution rather than natural change.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That last line should have read...
I'd assume you'd agree that natural changes would be gradual yes? What we have witnessed is far from gradual, and doesn't point to any particular natural cycle.