Sig MPX or CZ Scorpion evo?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I've asked this question before and couldn't make up my mind. Now they have been around for a while and I'm really wanting one again. Which one would you buy and why? Price is not a huge factor because I tend to keep my firearms forever. I would like to SBR it and suppress as well. Is there any other sub gun I should look at that I'm not thinking about?

Edited to add: I've now got it narrowed down to the sig MPX, CZ Scorpion, mp5, 9mm ar, or UZI. I need the list to get shorter not longer

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I've asked this question before and couldn't make up my mind. Now they have been around for a while and I'm really wanting one again. Which one would you buy and why? Price is not a huge factor because I tend to keep my firearms forever. I would like to SBR it and suppress as well. Is there any other sub gun I should look at that I'm not thinking about?
I like my Scorpion with the KAK Tube and Shockwave brace...I know I know. Anyway, it's a pleasure to shoot, shoots well and is just a lot of fun. The only change I made was to eliminate the ambi-safety by way of some Dremel action. It's extremely robust, has a massive bolt, easy to take down and clean, and has really cheap mags if you like to buy a pile of extras. I know you're in the neighborhood sometimes. If you'd like to get together at Quickshot some weekend, you're welcome to put some rounds downrange.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I like my Scorpion with the KAK Tube and Shockwave brace...I know I know. Anyway, it's a pleasure to shoot, shoots well and is just a lot of fun. The only change I made was to eliminate the ambi-safety by way of some Dremel action. It's extremely robust, has a massive bolt, easy to take down and clean, and has really cheap mags if you like to buy a pile of extras. I know you're in the neighborhood sometimes. If you'd like to get together at Quickshot some weekend, you're welcome to put some rounds downrange.
Thanks! I live near quickshot so I may take you up on that sometime. I have shot the mpx and the mp5. The mpx felt nice. The mp5 was awesome but it was also full auto and I don't have that kinda budget. Why don't you sbr your scorpion?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Thanks! I live near quickshot so I may take you up on that sometime. I have shot the mpx and the mp5. The mpx felt nice. The mp5 was awesome but it was also full auto and I don't have that kinda budget. Why don't you sbr your scorpion?
I just don't want to mess with it honestly. I'd end up spending another $500 by the time it's all said and done.

I probably will, and I suppose the time to do it is sooner than later.

Just shoot me a pm sometime you'd like to go and we'll make it happen.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
AR9 that takes Colt mags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A
What would be better about an ar9 in this configuration? Ive always thought they seemed like more trouble than they're worth. I would like for it to have the option of a collapsible stock of some sort as well.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I've thought about those but know nothing about them. I wouldn't know where to start really. I'm looking for something in 9mm that has a short barrel and can suppress decently without too much trouble. Which mp5 clones are good?
Atlantic arms. I actually have the K model

Uzis have a recessed bolt face, amazingly quiet, just a bit of a dated design and heavy

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
The sig is sexy, but what does it do $1,000 better than the CZ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'm seeing that it is about $400-500 more.
Also I like that the controls on the mpx are familiar. this is a pretty big deal to me because it would minimize the amount of training I would need to do with different style rifles. Having said that I think I'm still leaning towards the CZ. I do like the mp5 option though the more I read about it.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I went with the SBR'd AR 9mm. Not the coolest by far, but it easily converts to something else if I ever get tired of it (not permanently, of course - I would still keep the means to readily convert it back).

Also, parts are readily available and it's easy to understand how it works. It's a familiar system of operation to most of the folks on here.

Colt mags - other than the Uzi, you probably won't find cheaper mags than these.

Just some pluses...

If I had to choose between the scorpion and the mpx, I would probably go with the scorpion because of costs. The 9 carbine is kind of range toy anyway and the mpx is stupid expensive for what it is.

Reactions: Strider12