Sig MPX or CZ Scorpion evo?

Howard Law
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I went with the SBR'd AR 9mm. Not the coolest by far, but it easily converts to something else if I ever get tired of it (not permanently, of course - I would still keep the means to readily convert it back).

Also, parts are readily available and it's easy to understand how it works. It's a familiar system of operation to most of the folks on here.

Colt mags - other than the Uzi, you probably won't find cheaper mags than these.

Just some pluses...

If I had to choose between the scorpion and the mpx, I would probably go with the scorpion because of costs. The 9 carbine is kind of range toy anyway and the mpx is stupid expensive for what it is.
How easy is it to convert a 9mm ar to something else? i didn't realize it was something simple to do.
I don't necessarily think it would just be a range toy. It would be pretty good for home defense and something I could easily put in a bag or in the car. I'm thinking it could be a pretty practical little gun.
Everyone says not to go with the mpx because of cost but a lot of people have over $1k in their 9mm ars and the mp5 clones are even more expensive.

I think I'll update the OP to say "I've got it narrowed down to the sig MPX, CZ Scorpion, mp5, 9mm ar, or UZI".

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
How easy is it to convert a 9mm ar to something else? i didn't realize it was something simple to do.
I don't necessarily think it would just be a range toy. It would be pretty good for home defense and something I could easily put in a bag or in the car. I'm thinking it could be a pretty practical little gun.
Everyone says not to go with the mpx because of cost but a lot of people have over $1k in their 9mm ars and the mp5 clones are even more expensive.

I think I'll update the OP to say "I've got it narrowed down to the sig MPX, CZ Scorpion, mp5, 9mm ar, or UZI".
Remove the mag block. Swap the buffer tube innards. Done. Less than 5 minutes.

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
First note I have never owned or shot these, with exception of a real MP5SD and a real full size UZI unsuppressed, I am in the same boat as you. But I have have done a crap ton of research because I'm looking at buying one next month, to SBR and Suppress, and I like you am not as worried about cost since I obviously plan to keep it permanently. On the UZI I didn't care for how when I pulled the trigger the gun moves before it shoots due to the open bolt design, but I might feel different on semi auto closed bolt one.

I have narrowed it down to either the $650 CZ Scorpion or the $1,400 POF/Zenith MKE (MP5) style pistols for one big reason.

I too want to suppress it and every video and written review I have seen said like the AR's the MPX send a shit ton of gas back in your face burning your eyes through the charging handle slot when suppressed. Whereas the CZ Scorpion and the MP5 style pistols don't simply because of how they are designed.

I personally have always wanted a suppressed MP5SD clone since I was a little kid, so I am leaning that way, but at nearly double the cost it can be hard to justify. I could buy the EVO file the form 1, buy the stock I want, red dot I want and extra mags for the base price of the MP5 styled ones. But....you only live once.

Reactions: George P. Burdell

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
First note I have never owned or shot these, with exception of a real MP5SD and a real full size UZI unsuppressed, I am in the same boat as you. But I have have done a crap ton of research because I'm looking at buying one next month, to SBR and Suppress, and I like you am not as worried about cost since I obviously plan to keep it permanently. On the UZI I didn't care for how when I pulled the trigger the gun moves before it shoots due to the open bolt design, but I might feel different on semi auto closed bolt one.

I have narrowed it down to either the $650 CZ Scorpion or the $1,400 POF/Zenith MKE (MP5) style pistols for one big reason.

I too want to suppress it and every video and written review I have seen said like the AR's the MPX send a shit ton of gas back in your face burning your eyes through the charging handle slot when suppressed. Whereas the CZ Scorpion and the MP5 style pistols don't simply because of how they are designed.

I personally have always wanted a suppressed MP5SD clone since I was a little kid, so I am leaning that way, but at nearly double the cost it can be hard to justify. I could buy the EVO file the form 1, buy the stock I want, red dot I want and extra mags for the base price of the MP5 styled ones. But....you only live once.
aa19abaeebbe469f090673c8518a91bf.jpg

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
no point in getting an uzi unless its open bolt automatic, IMO

the cz scorpion evo is the cheapest out of the bunch and personally i think its better than the mpx (it feels nicer to me anyhow)

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
no point in getting an uzi unless its open bolt automatic, IMO

the cz scorpion evo is the cheapest out of the bunch and personally i think its better than the mpx (it feels nicer to me anyhow)
And it fits great in a Ukulele case lol.

IMG_1057.JPG

Reactions: Thenut

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
thats my kind of instrument

how does that blade stabilizer work for you? does it.....ahem, stabilize very well :)
Yeah, my arm is really stable with it. I like the looks of it the most of any of the braces, and my arm stays rock solid.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Yeah, my arm is really stable with it. I like the looks of it the most of any of the braces, and my arm stays rock solid.
so how much for the stabilizer and was it easy to install?

i want a 9mm carbine rifle styled thing, its either i go with a psa9mm ar or this

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

i want a 9mm carbine rifle styled thing, its either i go with a psa9mm ar or this
If you do a 9mm AR get the bottom loading Hahn mag block. Spend the money. It's worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

The KAK tube, adaptor and blade were about $120 total. The adaptor for the tube is a piece of engineering in itself. Rock fricking solid...actually I wish it were a bit lighter.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
The KAK tube, adaptor and blade were about $120 total. The adaptor for the tube is a piece of engineering in itself. Rock fricking solid...actually I wish it were a bit lighter.
well im near sold on it

i can get an evo for around 700 +/- a 100 bucks i figure

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
well im near sold on it

i can get an evo for around 700 +/- a 100 bucks i figure
Yep, and it took maybe 5-7 minutes to install, get it set to length, and snug it down.
I ordered mine from KY Gun Company and had it shipped to Quickshot.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Yep, and it took maybe 5-7 minutes to install, get it set to length, and snug it down.
I ordered mine from KY Gun Company and had it shipped to Quickshot.
bro, use dat 4th armory for FFL transfers

they are free and not too far really (a 25 minute drive up 75). plus the folks there are awesome. i buy something everytime i get a transfer, such as an ar mag

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
bro, use dat 4th armory for FFL transfers

they are free and not too far really (a 25 minute drive up 75). plus the folks there are awesome. i buy something everytime i get a transfer, such as an ar mag
Yeah, I should. Quickshot is 10 minutes away, and if Inkdaddy is there he usually gives me a discount on the transfer. I just hate driving in Atlanta, and it's worth the $20 to drive less.

Reactions: PewPewPewCo

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Yeah, I should. Quickshot is 10 minutes away, and if Inkdaddy is there he usually gives me a discount on the transfer. I just hate driving in Atlanta, and it's worth the $20 to drive less.
go on a saturday at 10:00 and you wont have to worry. just be sure to call ahead and make sure they aint at a gun show. if they are going to be at a gun show, they will bring your gun to the show and you can pick it up there

they are super accommodating and probably the best local business to deal with IMO

Reactions: Laufen

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I've been down this road and shot all of them.

They are about the same noise suppressed, the Uzi(closed bolt) edging out for a win

They are all about the same gassyness, even the scorpion

It comes down to the controls you like, the look you want, and weight.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I've been down this road and shot all of them.

They are about the same noise suppressed, the Uzi(closed bolt) edging out for a win

They are all about the same gassyness, even the scorpion

It comes down to the controls you like, the look you want, and weight.
if only women were this simple