Zip code
Rode ride 62 miles Saturday morning...
clarkson-meme.png

realstudent

Hunter
Mar 29, 2015
suburbia usa
Sunday upper body workout..

Light weights 2 exercises per muscle group.. Back,chest,shoulders and arms..

Just a little ab and neck also...

I would like to lose about 8 pounds right now but I do love food..

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Today I start...

Going to do 2 mi on the treadmill.

Also would like any recommendations for any proven online weight lifting guides to follow for some noticeable gains as I lean out.

H

Hoss

Today I start...

Also would like any recommendations for any proven online weight lifting guides to follow for some noticeable gains as I lean out.
Do body weight exercises and make a ballistic rope.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Today I start...

Get properly fitted for shoes, don't wear cotton socks, track your progress with a gps watch or app, join a running group, and go outside. There's 10 years of experience with competitive running.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Get properly fitted for shoes, don't wear cotton socks, track your progress with a gps watch or app, join a running group, and go outside. There's 10 years of experience with competitive running.

I do need to go get fitted for running shoes. That is something I firmly believe in but have never done.

The no cotton socks thing though... I had never heard that one. What's the reasoning for that and what is the alternative?

And I don't know how to pace myself yet to effectively run outside. To be honest I can't run far without getting winded and my heart elevated high, so I'll probably just end up doing more walking than running. - God I hate cardio.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Do body weight exercises and make a ballistic rope.

ballistic rope? what is that? I guess I'll google that. :)

I have a full gym in my basement that I can take advantage of with weights, however you say body weight exercises instead?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I do need to go get fitted for running shoes. That is something I firmly believe in but have never done.

The no cotton socks thing though... I had never heard that one. What's the reasoning for that and what is the alternative?

And I don't know how to pace myself yet to effectively run outside. To be honest I can't run far without getting winded and my heart elevated high, so I'll probably just end up doing more walking than running. - God I hate cardio.
Cotton will hold moisture at your feet and cause a lot more blisters than a good wool or synthetic sock. My favorite is wool. It doesn't slide around in your shoe as much as the synthetic blends, and seems to stay a bit cooler. Buy a few pairs of these(link below) and you'll throw all of your cotton sock in the trash. All I've worn for the last 15 years are wool. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, always dry, super comfortable, and wear really well.

I started out barely being able to make it 1.5 miles without it feeling like I was puking up my bloodied lungs. It'll get easier fast. Just stick with it. Getting fitted for shoes will prevent all sorts of injuries. Dont' run in old shoes..you'll kill your ankles, knees and hips. Poorly fitted shoes, and worn out shoes have convinced a lot of runners that their knees can't take it...it's BS.

http://www.smartwool.com/socks/run.html?gender=9914

H

Hoss

ballistic rope? what is that? I guess I'll google that. :)

I have a full gym in my basement that I can take advantage of with weights, however you say body weight exercises instead?

Yeah, with body weight exercises you are far less likely to hurt yourself, get a hernia, tear a muscle, etc... Your gym is always with you and you can easily maintain by upping reps. Working out with weights becomes something you have to maintain with weights. You will have to lift weights for the rest of your life to maintain. Bootcamp style workouts with body weight, obstacles and a solid ballistic rope workout is all you need unless you are trying to bulk up.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Warmup:
6:50 mile
500m rowed

Squats:
10x225
8x275
6x315
4x335
10x225

Curls;
10x 50lb bar
10 push-ups
10x 60lb bar
10 push ups
10x 70lb bar
10 push-ups

Inclined Sit-ups:
Jump rope 100
Jump rope 100
Jump rope 100
Jump rope 100

Jogged a mile
Rowed 250m

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The running group meet up is at the Imperial Bar in Decatur. Two groups: The faster of the two will do a 7:45-8:30 pace through some of the more scenic and hilly parts of Druid Hills/Kirkwood/Avondale/Decatur, probably 5-7 miles.
The slower group, 9:30-10min/mile pace will do 3-4 miles. I don't know where they go, but probably a similar but shorter circuit.
6 pm
http://imperialdecatur.com/

Reactions: Gunsite Grad