Post today's workout

American Revival Apparel Company
H

Hoss

I thought @PewPewPewCo had a great idea when he posted his workout today.

Post yours here. This isn't a competitive thread. Everyone is in a different place with different goals. No judgement., just ideas and accountability.

What works for you? What doesn't?

@blueknight better be posting here daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gunsite Grad

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I just did 8 sets of squats 10 reps @ 225lbs

in between each set I did 10 push ups and jump roped 100 jumps as fast as possible.

Then I did 10x10 dead lifts @ 225 lbs, doing 10 curls with a 60lbs bar in between each set.

Then I ran 1 mile, doing sprints every other .10 of a mile

Then I ran a 6:45 mile straight

Then I rowed 500m.

Then i went the fuck home and ate 3 eggs, 3 strips of thick cut apple wood bacon, 1 patty of deer sausage, a handfull of shredded cheddar, and a scoope of guacamole.

sweet jesus

H

Hoss

My workout this afternoon

• 4 warmup laps in the gym
  • 5 gym length sprints
  • 4 floor cleaner laps in the gym (hands on a towel on the floor while running laps)
  • 2 floor cleaner frog hop laps (same concept except you stretch out then hop your feet up between or around arms then slide back out to a plank) pretty much makes you feel like you're dying
  • Ran 2 miles with 12 lb weight bar in each hand
  • Every 1/4 mile I stopped and did either 25 curls, shoulder presses, extensions, tricep ear huggers or shrugs.
  • Bounced 8lb Medicine ball off of wall above the 10' mark 50 times
  • 100 pushup

Now I'm finna have a beer

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
My workout this afternoon

• 4 warmup laps in the gym
  • 5 gym length sprints
  • 4 floor cleaner laps in the gym (hands on a towel on the floor while running laps)
  • 2 floor cleaner frog hop laps (same concept except you stretch out then hop your feet up between or around arms then slide back out to a plank)
  • Ran 2 miles with 12 lb weight bar in each hand
  • Every 1/4 mile I stopped and did either 25 curls, shoulder presses, extensions, tricep ear huggers or shrugs.
  • Bounced 8lb Medicine ball off of wall above the 10' mark 50 times
  • 100 pushup

Now I'm finna have a beer
no frilly little glass of snake oil?

I kid, I kid

H

Hoss

no frilly little glass of snake oil?

I kid, I kid
I did take an Omega 3 supplement, 3 multi-vitamins and Catalyst at breakfast this morning.

I had a protein shake for a late snack.

Are those snake oil?

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I did take an Omega 3 supplement, 3 multi-vitamins and Catalyst at breakfast this morning.

I had a protein shake for a late snack.

Are those snake oil?
What is a Catalyst?

I took C4 pre workout pump, it jolts me awake and gets some creatine to the muscles. I really like creatine and studies have shown vast improvements in mood and energy with creatine, and I really feel that I benefit from it.

But any powder, drink, etc... that claims to aid in weightloss in any other way than helping you reduce net calorie intake is snake oil.

But I do like this thread, I'm ramping up my workouts lately to maintain higher heart rate while lifting, so the circuits are fun to share.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Also I'm still hovering at the 20lbs weight loss since January, but my strength has gone way up, and I'm pretty sure my sexdrive is in overdrive due to the keto diet and fat burning.

So what I'm saying is I'm losing weight and want to sit on @Hoss face, but I'm probably still a little to heavy for him,

H

Hoss

What is a Catalyst?

I took C4 pre workout pump, it jolts me awake and gets some creatine to the muscles. I really like creatine and studies have shown vast improvements in mood and energy with creatine, and I really feel that I benefit from it.

But any powder, drink, etc... that claims to aid in weightloss in any other way than helping you reduce net calorie intake is snake oil.

I would agree. The only ones that ever really worked were also appetite suppressant and dangerous.

A cleanse is not snake oil. It's a fresh start and does a good job of cleaning out your digestive system. The average coach potato has 5lbs of undigested red meat clogging up their system. Sena leaf and Spinach is the quickest bit it's brutal as hell.

Catalyst is a branch chain amino acid supplement. Basically it protects your muscle during weightloss.
L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Arginine...

H

Hoss

Also I'm still hovering at the 20lbs weight loss since January, but my strength has gone way up, and I'm pretty sure my sexdrive is in overdrive due to the keto diet and fat burning.

So what I'm saying is I'm losing weight and want to sit on @Hoss face, but I'm probably still a little to heavy for him,
I did the same thing. The first 20 falls off. Then you start gaining muscle weight while you lose fat. Eventually, unless you are trying to bulk, you will start losing more weight than you are gaining as you tone up.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I would agree. The only ones that ever really worked were also appetite suppressant and dangerous.

A cleanse is not snake oil. It's a fresh start and does a good job of cleaning out your digestive system. The average coach potato has 5lbs of undigested red meat clogging up their system. Sena leaf and Spinach is the quickest bit it's brutal as hell.

Catalyst is a branch chain amino acid supplement. Basically it protects your muscle during weightloss.
L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Arginine...
Fiber one anything, its like a cleanse. My friend once thought it was funny to eat a whole tub of my muffins, later that day he learned they were fiber one muffins. It was glorious.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'm recovering from a hangover. Opening Day for my Reds and then the NCAABB final game...however today I've had 5 eggs, a small salad, ff cottage cheese and some peanut butter along with 96 oz of water.

Edit: a dozen steamed mussels.

Last edited:

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Worked from home today, so I got up, walked down the stairs, sat in my chair, used both hands rigorously for several hours at a time with little rest, took a break to walk to the refrigerator and heat up some lunch, then was back at the rigorous hand exercises.

I also did several Up-downs from the chair I was sitting in

All in all, I believe I may have burnt approximately 25 calories today, but my goal is 27 calories tomorrow.

Reactions: AtlMedic and Hoss

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Fiber one anything, its like a cleanse. My friend once thought it was funny to eat a whole tub of my muffins, later that day he learned they were fiber one muffins. It was glorious.
My wife had an similar epiphany drinking "Smooth move" tea.

Reactions: Hoss

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
6.5 very hilly miles at a 8:10 pace. Ball buster after being out of running for a couple months.

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
@Hoss so total intake for today is 1045 cals 8 caps of water and lots of eggs , greens and fruits. took a 15 min walk around the neighborhood with the wife . hope to add to my walk each day then start adding more to my workout . not great but its a start

H

Hoss

@Hoss so total intake for today is 1045 cals 8 caps of water and lots of eggs , greens and fruits. took a 15 min walk around the neighborhood with the wife . hope to add to my walk each day then start adding more to my workout . not great but its a start
Get a pillow and put it under your knees then do 10 sets of 10 (or more) knee pushup throughout the day for a week.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I did some yard work, I was in Labor and Delivery all night catching babies so I was pretty tired today. I got out and did a bit of yard work and carried my son around a bunch.

I ate a shrimp Po Boy for lunch/breakfast. I had my new favorite sammich for supper, fancy bread with mayo, turkey, avacodo, and a little salt.