Poll: Your favorite silencer manufactuers?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Your favorite silencer manufacturer? Select your top 2.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
This is a somewhat vague question but generally speaking who are your favorite top two silencer manufacturers?

Take into account whatever factors matter to you such as materials, design, dB metering, warranty, customer service, innovation, etc...

The purpose is to help me understand what you want instead of what I think you should want.

I excluded my friends at Dobbs Defense because the ARC22 is a given and .30 cal isn't publicly available yet. I also left off the more expensive cans like KAC, Surefire, Thunderbeast.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I think SiCo is gonna be at the frontline with new and innovative design not to mention how quiet they are with minimal POI shift and no problems with CS.

SilencerCo
Liberty
Griffin Armament

Reactions: DoglegArms

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Dobbs, but what do I know?

image.jpg

Can I just add this little S&W compact .22 is a hoot to shoot!

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

White

Frontiersman
Apr 19, 2015
Georgia
I have 3 Dobbs cans but plan on getting a 9mm or 45acp suppressor after the first of the year. Need someone to tell me what I need because I have 0 experience with them

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Despite their customer service I really like HTA.

They opened up a new market and class of suppressors that in turn has brought prices down across the board.

Of the cans I own, innovative arms is the one I have been most impressed with. I don't know of another manufacturer who makes a high powered rifle can that you can shoot wet.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Top two is tough. Silencerco is probably leading the market, but I think they jumped the shark with the Omega. Curious to see the new hybrid and Omega K.

Right now, I'm most impressed with Dead Air and Rugged behind SCo. But Dead Air should have made the Ti modular for use with different thread adapters.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I have 3 Dobbs cans but plan on getting a 9mm or 45acp suppressor after the first of the year. Need someone to tell me what I need because I have 0 experience with them
I went through the same thing and settled on the Octane 9. Cherokee had it for $379 sans piston. My first two cans were both SilencerCo. and my third is a Dobbs .30 currently in jail. As soon as I pick that up I've got to figure out which to get next. Want to change it up a little bit for the .45. Thinking about snagging one of those Griffins from @DoglegArms if he has one that hasn't been in @AirOpsMgr rectum.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I went through the same thing and settled on the Octane 9. Cherokee had it for $379 sans piston. My first two cans were both SilencerCo. and my third is a Dobbs .30 currently in jail. As soon as I pick that up I've got to figure out which to get next. Want to change it up a little bit for the .45. Thinking about snagging one of those Griffins from @DoglegArms if he has one that hasn't been in @AirOpsMgr rectum.

If you purchase one, we'll make it a party and go TP @AirOpsMgr house.

Reactions: boss_hawg

Hayata

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Mine stove pipes with CCI Quiet.

I bet you could mess around with the recoil spring and get it to work but then you'd beat the gun up every time you shot other ammo unless you changed back to the stock spring.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

I bet you could mess around with the recoil spring and get it to work but then you'd beat the gun up every time you shot other ammo unless you changed back to the stock spring.

I wouldn't think the recoil of full power 22 would be that tough on a gun but there may be other issues due to a faster "unlock" of the slide/bolt.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code

My HK 416D has an adjustable recoil spring and is supposed to be able to be adjusted to cycle anything smoothly, but even after adjustment and chopping up a spring I couldn't get it to cycle the quiets. It would be awesome if I could. It's so quiet with the Spectre II

Hayata

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Now you guys have me thinking...may have to check out the price of the compact spring just to mess around with.

Dangit, can't find one anywhere!