Noveske barrels

Howard Law

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
That pyro or whatever is sweet. EXPENSIVE though.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk
DSG has it for about $100 cheaper than anywhere else. Biggest advantage I see in it is that it uses all the same parts that the silencer uses except the baffles and tube. So it's like having spare parts around if need be.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Why is Noveske shit so expensive? Just saw a Noveske AR on ODT for $4,000. What in the actual hell makes an AR worth $4,000?! Serious question.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Holy hell. Im browsing through the rifle classifieds clicking on all ARs, since I have an AK I might trade for a nicer AR, and Im seeing prices $2600, $3,000, $4,000 $6,000!!!!! WTF

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Magpul stock. Magpul sights. 7075 upper and lower. Decent hand guard. ALG trigger... Is the barrel something particularly special?

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Magpul stock. Magpul sights. 7075 upper and lower. Decent hand guard. ALG trigger... Is the barrel something particularly special?

Look at the rail,upper,lower too. I'm 98% that's all made in house. They're not just forced receivers they then mill out.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Look at the rail,upper,lower too. I'm 98% that's all made in house. They're not just forced receivers they then mill out.
Seems a tad crazy but I don't know much more than the average joe sooooo I could be missing something.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Not made in house. They are contracted out for production. SMOS used to make everything for Noveske, but I think they have parted ways now and someone else is producing the GEN III stuff. If you like the Noveske receivers, you can just buy the SMOS version.

Now, as to the why the hell are they so expensive question. It depends on what you're looking at. They did some limited run guns years ago that qualify as collector type items and would easily command several thousand dollars from the right buyer.

But their standard lineup falls squarely in the Boutique category these days. This is one of the few cases where I can say that you are actually paying a premium for the roll mark. They have not adjusted their pricing model in more than 10 years. Meanwhile the AR world has changed significantly. North of the $2k mark, nothing other the KAC SR15 is worth that kind of money. And you truly can build a gun comparable to Noveske for less money. If John were still with us and at the head of the ship, I might argue that it was worth it. But they just aren't the same company they used to be.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Not made in house. They are contracted out for production. SMOS used to make everything for Noveske, but I think they have parted ways now and someone else is producing the GEN III stuff. If you like the Noveske receivers, you can just buy the SMOS version.

Now, as to the why the hell are they so expensive question. It depends on what you're looking at. They did some limited run guns years ago that qualify as collector type items and would easily command several thousand dollars from the right buyer.

But their standard lineup falls squarely in the Boutique category these days. This is one of the few cases where I can say that you are actually paying a premium for the roll mark. They have not adjusted their pricing model in more than 10 years. Meanwhile the AR world has changed significantly. North of the $2k mark, nothing other the KAC SR15 is worth that kind of money. And you truly can build a gun comparable to Noveske for less money. If John were still with us and at the head of the ship, I might argue that it was worth it. But they just aren't the same company they used to be.
Yep, same exact lower below minus the roll mark.

http://www.smosarms.com/collections/lower-receivers/products/gfy-lower

@Leshaire

Last edited: