Noveske barrels

GA Firing Line

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I feel like they pander to that demographic specifically and charge crazy amounts for stupid ass shit. For instance, their furniture packages that are in every gun store across the country so you too can have a Daniel Defense looking PSA rifle!!

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I feel like they pander to that demographic specifically and charge crazy amounts for stupid ass shit. For instance, their furniture packages that are in every gun store across the country so you too can have a Daniel Defense looking PSA rifle!!

Have you tried their furniture? I haven't tried the stock but that pistol grip is the bee's knees and my go to grip.

Don't be mad that they're capitalist.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Have you tried their furniture? I haven't tried the stock but that pistol grip is the bee's knees and my go to grip.
Nope. I love the BCM ones and have since day one. I'm definitely not set in my ways though and would gladly try one.

Also the way I think about it is like the companies that line the walls of every gun store (cough cough DD) are pandering to wannabe civilians. Yes I realize this is me... Companies like BCM appear to have enough contracts with actual LEO and military to not even hardly bother with people like me. Hence the reason shit is sold out 24/7 and I've never ever seen a BCM rifle in any gun store. Just my two cents though. There very well could be more to that.

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Nope. I love the BCM ones and have since day one. I'm definitely not set in my ways though and would gladly try one.

Also the way I think about it is like the companies that line the walls of every gun store (cough cough DD) are pandering to wannabe civilians. Yes I realize this is me... Companies like BCM appear to have enough contracts with actual LEO and military to not even hardly bother with people like me. Hence the reason shit is sold out 24/7 and I've never ever seen a BCM rifle in any gun store. Just my two cents though. There very well could be more to that.

I feel like you're trolling me for sure now. You're literally mad that a Firearms company is actually catering to US the civilian market.

@DarthVader @Wallace someone help me comprehend this

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I feel like you're trolling me for sure now. You're literally mad that a Firearms company is actually catering to US the civilian market.

@DarthVader @Wallace someone help me comprehend this
Not trolling. Pure logic from an unbiased and uneducated source here. It SEEMS as if companies like BCM have their hands full as it is making rifles and what not for military and LEO while DD and similar make much "cooler" looking rifles for civilians because they lack contracts otherwise. Again, I could be off. If anyone actually knows better I'm all ears. But why does the damn gun store down the street have 50% Daniel defense rifles and accessories? How does DD have the time and marketing efforts? I would assume the civilian market is their primary market. I personally don't want some typical run of the mill civilian rifle lol! I want the good stuff!!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
The only company I can think of that goes against my theory is colt. There are Colt ARs in every gun store but I'm pretty sure they also make very good quality rifles and have plenty of LEO/mil contracts.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
https://danieldefense.com/media/other_media/DD-AR15-Coming_Full_Circle.pdf

Above is a pretty good time line of DD

Daniel Defense is the opitimy of the American dream come to fruition. Started with a single piece, leveraged the farm, provided over 40,000 rails to SOCOM troops.

They're very outspoken about firearms rights and even cut ties with Academy Sports after they pulled AR/AK pattern rifles off the shelves.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/academy-takes-rifles-off-display-daniel-defense-to-sever-ties/

Daniel Defense is a larger operation overall and thus have the ability to put more rifles in the economy.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/26/daniel-defense-braces-unprecedented-demand/

Reactions: DarthVader

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code

Here's a different perspective. Have you noticed how many companies that used to sell guns with magpul furniture have now started making their own furniture? Ever wonder why? Simple. They got tired of depending on a third party for essential parts. It screws up their production schedule. If you've got guns ready to ship, but are waiting on a shipment of stocks and have exactly ZERO control over their delivery schedule, you're losing money. And if that supplier is the only game in town, they start acting like they're the only game in town and your timelines don't matter. So, companies like DD and BCM elected to bring that production in house.

As far as BCM vs DD, the only difference between them is capital. DD got a huge cash infusion as the result of several govt contracts. It catapulted them in terms of production capacity. And that's why you see their guns, furniture, etc in shops across the country. BCM cannot produce enough guns to have national distribution. And quite frankly, I'm not sure that's what they want for themselves as a company. BCM and DD are very different companies, but there's nothing "cool kid" about them to me. In a mass market that's dominated by low end junk guns like dpms, bushmaster, PSA, etc, Daniel Defense is almost the only company making a bad ass gun for the masses.

Reactions: Jake and Righter13

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I like the DD pistol grips. My BIL has a DD rifle and I like their stocks too, but I've never owned one (yet). I had one of their Omega rails back in the day (when they were still made in Savannah) that was rock solid. I think you've got DD all wrong @Leshaire. You're basically hating on them because their stuff is available for purchase locally? What fucking sense does that make? :wacko:

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
image.jpeg
Here's a different perspective. Have you noticed how many companies that used to sell guns with magpul furniture have now started making their own furniture? Ever wonder why? Simple. They got tired of depending on a third party for essential parts. It screws up their production schedule. If you've got guns ready to ship, but are waiting on a shipment of stocks and have exactly ZERO control over their delivery schedule, you're losing money. And if that supplier is the only game in town, they start acting like they're the only game in town and your timelines don't matter. So, companies like DD and BCM elected to bring that production in house.

As far as BCM vs DD, the only difference between them is capital. DD got a huge cash infusion as the result of several govt contracts. It catapulted them in terms of production capacity. And that's why you see their guns, furniture, etc in shops across the country. BCM cannot produce enough guns to have national distribution. And quite frankly, I'm not sure that's what they want for themselves as a company. BCM and DD are very different companies, but there's nothing "cool kid" about them to me. In a mass market that's dominated by low end junk guns like dpms, bushmaster, PSA, etc, Daniel Defense is almost the only company making a bad ass gun for the masses.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
IMHO, DD is a great company that makes a solid rifle. I don't consider them a sell out, but more of a quality brand that has been able to capitalize on a very high demand market and has made a made a great reputation for itself. The fact that they are able to put lots of rifles in retail stores is great. Just recently, they have spoken of expanding further to help provide even more of their products to more consumers as in some areas, they are not as common. Whats suck more is when a company cannot or does not want to capture that same market when they have a solid product. When I went to buy my SR15, NO ONE had them. I called probably 50 LGS (no exaggeration) just to go check one out again, but had no luck. Only seeing them roll through that old shop I use to help out in once or twice is all I got to see. Instead, I see tons of Diamonback, PSA, Anderson, CORE15, etc...yawn. So to have DD in the mix in these volumes is fantastic.

From a price standpoint, I do think they are a tad on the high side for what they are. I mean, nearly the entire lineup that I know of does not even come with BUIS, which is a bummer considering many of them are $1,500-$1,800 rifles. Also, I have seen many say they are on the over gassed side of the spectrum(quite a few threads about taming the MK18 uppers), but will not hold them over the fire for this. Many civilian users will shoot commercial pressure ammo anyways, so this can also be looked at as a good thing.

As for their furniture, its a hell of alot nicer than than just M4 throw aways, but its not for me. Their grip is nice, the texture is ok, and I do like that the grip angle is a little more vertical for shorter LOP setups. The stocks though, meh. I hate that texture, but could see how many would like it...just not for me. I will stick with my white trash Magpul STR and ACS. ETA: My favortites being the LMT SOPMOD or the B5 SOPMOD if youre a peasant (just kidding of course).

Again though, I would not roll them into the too much for stupid crap category.

Last edited:

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yeah, I guess it was the Gen II vs III where I checked out mentally.
I actually woudn't mind trying a gen II. They have the perfect amount of magwell flare, but remain forged. My only concern would be that the lower could suffer from the same QC problems as their Gen I's, which would be a waste for how much the Gen II's go for.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
https://danieldefense.com/media/other_media/DD-AR15-Coming_Full_Circle.pdf

Above is a pretty good time line of DD

Daniel Defense is the opitimy of the American dream come to fruition. Started with a single piece, leveraged the farm, provided over 40,000 rails to SOCOM troops.

They're very outspoken about firearms rights and even cut ties with Academy Sports after they pulled AR/AK pattern rifles off the shelves.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/academy-takes-rifles-off-display-daniel-defense-to-sever-ties/

Daniel Defense is a larger operation overall and thus have the ability to put more rifles in the economy.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/26/daniel-defense-braces-unprecedented-demand/
This x10. DD is a real American Dream success story. I remember when all they made were endplates and sling adapters. When they designed their first rail, they revolutionized the whole industry. They took that success, doubled down, invested in TWO hammer forges and then bid for the M16 / M4 contracts. They didn't win. But they did win the Mk18 Mod1 contract. And all that became possible as a result of first, the original DD rail contract for DMR rifles, followed by the RIS for the SOPMOD Block II and Mk18 rifles.

Add to that, the fact that Marty Daniel is a stand up, Christian, family man and strong 2A supporter, committed to making the best commercially available, mass produced rifle known to man, what's not to love?

Don't get me wrong, there are several other companies that compete from a quality standpoint and several of them can be had for less money. But no one produces a better gun for the mass market. Colt makes more guns, but they don't offer the same level of innovation or options. Other, smaller companies make similar quality guns, but they are still relatively niche in their appeal, including BCM, Noveske, et al. Ask your average Joe, and they've never heard of those companies. But you can be sure they've heard of DD. And when you walk into a big box store or your average LGS, that's selling DPMS, RRA, Bushmaster, S&W, Diamondback and DD, Daniel Defense is a man among boys. That's the difference they make. They offer true duty grade guns, easily accessible by the masses. And to do that at the high volume they maintain, is a monumental task.

Reactions: Righter13

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code

Yeah I kind of assumed that about the furniture. I didn't know that DD had big government contracts though. That alone makes me a little less weary of their rifles, that is of course assuming that their civilian rifles aren't any different.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I like the DD pistol grips. My BIL has a DD rifle and I like their stocks too, but I've never owned one (yet). I had one of their Omega rails back in the day (when they were still made in Savannah) that was rock solid. I think you've got DD all wrong @Leshaire. You're basically hating on them because their stuff is available for purchase locally? What fucking sense does that make? :wacko:
What sense does it make? You weren't a business/marketing major were you?