Must haves for a rifle course?

GA Firing Line

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Im taking a rifle course saturday and am wondering if anyone has any tips on what to bring?

So far on my list to wear/bring is:
-Boots
-Long pants with double knees
-Gun belt
-OWB double glock mag holster
-OWB Glock holster
-Chest rig with 6 glock mags, 3-5 AK mags depending how I decide to run it, and some medical gear (gauze, tourniquet, sharpie, aspirin, alcohol pads, quick clot)
-I have plates but looks like stupid fucking first spear STILL wont have my carrier to me by then even though I ordered it on April 8th with no backorder or lead time noted on the site...
-AKM clone w/ sling in 762x39 with about 20ish loaded mags and the rest of the ammo loose
-Glock 19 with 20ish mags loaded
-Hat
-2 Long sleeve shirts (im assuming ill sweat enough to wanna switch it mid day)
-Gallon of water
-Shorts, tshirt, trash bags and towels for the ride home (its supposed to rain bad Saturday)
-Eye and ear protection

Any insights or necessary stuff I didnt think of for a full 8-10 hours of training?

Reactions: sam

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Extra batteries for optic and ear pro (if needed)

Snacks, energy gel

Cleaning kit
ahhh shit so much good info, see I knew id be missing obvious stuff. I always am haha

the batteries are important since my ears are about dead and my red dot has been in use for like a year or two on the same battery...

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I haven't taken a class but been researching equipment needed from AARs on various forums so I know what to start picking up for when the time comes I can take some classes. Found a lot of good info.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I haven't taken a class but been researching equipment needed from AARs on various forums so I know what to start picking up for when the time comes I can take some classes. Found a lot of good info.
i appreciate it!
[DOUBLEPOST=1463497212][/DOUBLEPOST]
my husband uses this tick spray that you put on your clothes, I'll have to go to garage when it stops RAINING and take a pic
I woke up the other morning with a tick on my chest. not sure where it came from. i ripped it off and ate it to show it who the hell is boss

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
i appreciate it!
[DOUBLEPOST=1463497212][/DOUBLEPOST]
I woke up the other morning with a tick on my chest. not sure where it came from. i ripped it off and ate it to show it who the hell is boss

well I hope when you ripped it off you got all of it off of you, the head tends to stick

I give outside cat, puppy and inside cat their flea/tick pills on 15th of every month, or I'd be scared shitless due to where I live

couple years ago, i thought I had a zit on my lower back, kept itching/scratching it for a couple days, then I showed my husband was a HUGE ASS TICK, yeah that bitch was so full of blood

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
well I hope when you ripped it off you got all of it off of you, the head tends to stick

I give outside cat, puppy and inside cat their flea/tick pills on 15th of every month, or I'd be scared shitless due to where I live

couple years ago, i thought I had a zit on my lower back, kept itching/scratching it for a couple days, then I showed my husband was a HUGE ASS TICK, yeah that bitch was so full of blood
Yeah I dig my finger nails under their heads kinda like if it was a zit. It digs some skin out too but always gets the whole tick.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Sun block, chapstick, pen & paper (if you need to take notes). Also a small pack of magic markers, in case you want to mark your shot groups in zero. Speed loader (if you have your ammo on stripper clips) gloves, (rifle get HOT!) sight adj. tool, small screw driver. If you think its going to pour on you all day, bring spare socks and foot powder, and a 2nd pair to wear on the ride home.

Reactions: sam and Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Sun block, chapstick, pen & paper (if you need to take notes). Also a small pack of magic markers, in case you want to mark your shot groups in zero. Speed loader (if you have your ammo on stripper clips) gloves, (rifle get HOT!) sight adj. tool, small screw driver. If you think its going to pour on you all day, bring spare socks and foot powder, and a 2nd pair to wear on the ride home.
damn i knew you of all people would be full of knowledge for this kind of thing

sun block will be good for my rather light black skin, chapstick too
pen and paper might be good, ill def add those
not sure if were shooting steel or paper so ill add a marker if i can find one
i wish i had a speed loader lol
I actually bought gloves for this just forgot to add to my list above
sight adj tools are GREAT and I would have never thought of that!!
I always have a screw driver handy, its a sweet feature on my knife ;)
not sure ill need socks I have water proof boots, but might throw a pair in there in case

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Yes, water proof boots, but the rain could (will) get in your boots from the top, esp. if you tuck your pants in your boots. Oh I almost forgot, leather man type tool.

Reactions: Leshaire and sam

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Yes, water proof boots, but the rain could (will) get in your boots from the top, esp. if you tuck your pants in your boots. Oh I almost forgot, leather man type tool.
my knife damn near is a leatherman but ill bring that too lol