Faktory 47

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
By "stand up to semi-auto pressures", are you planning on doing high rate of fire?

If so your looking in the right area, however if not....

For me personally I'm not planning on doing a high rate of fire in my .30 cal rifles. So I just bought the Silencerco Harvestor the other day, so she will be in jail till probably mid January. Man would I be excited if it made it back first of January so I could use it the last few days of deer season! But I'm not keeping my hopes up for that.

My thought is this I wanted a can that could be used on 5.56 and 300 blackout all the way up to 300 win mag (my next rifle build) but I wanted it light and direct thread for simplicity. The Harvestor allows all of that, it's only 11 ounces so it's half the weight of most .30 cal cans, so it shouldn't mess with harmonics on my thinner profile barreled hunting rifles, but I can also run it on my AR. It's not rated for high volume of fire, 10 rounds a minute, but when shooting long range or while hunting how often do you shoot faster than every 10 seconds? I sure don't, I'm trying to see where my rounds went and if I need to make corrections, and when hunting I have never shot more than once initially. Plus you can do full mag dumps out of the can they just say to let it cool back down in between, but also since the can is lighter and not a heavy chunk of steel from everything I have read and watched it cools down fast, like really fast compared to normal suppressors.

Later I plan on picking up a dedicated full-Auto rated 5.56 can. But for now this will cover all uses I need and excell at the being light part, plus the 30-40% recoil reduction isn't bad either when shooting the more powerful cartridges, especially when my fiancée goes hunting with me she hopefully won't be scared t shoot the .30-06.

To be fair all I have said is from research and others experience, like I said I don't have the can in my hands yet so I might feel different once I get it.

I dont plan on it often but I definitely want something capable for the occasional mag dump or two. I considered the harvester bc Quit Riot has them so cheap right now but Im going to have to get something that will hold up to more of a beating for sure.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have the 762 SDN6 use it on 300 blackout, 308 scar and put it on the 556 and was surprised. The SDN6 on the 556 was quieter than the 556 can.
Im hearing more and more about this can. Gonna start reading some on it now. Thanks for the input

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
May bring a few to the meet and greet.

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
I dont plan on it often but I definitely want something capable for the occasional mag dump or two. I considered the harvester bc Quit Riot has them so cheap right now but Im going to have to get something that will hold up to more of a beating for sure.
Take it back it's rated 10 dots a minute so that's a shot every 6 seconds, not ten.

But I completely understand wanting something that is made to handle essentially everything you can throw at it, but that's why later on I'm going to get a heavy duty 5.56 can, looking at the SpecWar.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
By "stand up to semi-auto pressures", are you planning on doing high rate of fire?

If so your looking in the right area, however if not....

For me personally I'm not planning on doing a high rate of fire in my .30 cal rifles. So I just bought the Silencerco Harvestor the other day, so she will be in jail till probably mid January. Man would I be excited if it made it back first of January so I could use it the last few days of deer season! But I'm not keeping my hopes up for that.

My thought is this I wanted a can that could be used on 5.56 and 300 blackout all the way up to 300 win mag (my next rifle build) but I wanted it light and direct thread for simplicity. The Harvestor allows all of that, it's only 11 ounces so it's half the weight of most .30 cal cans, so it shouldn't mess with harmonics on my thinner profile barreled hunting rifles, but I can also run it on my AR. It's not rated for high volume of fire, 10 rounds a minute, but when shooting long range or while hunting how often do you shoot faster than every 10 seconds? I sure don't, I'm trying to see where my rounds went and if I need to make corrections, and when hunting I have never shot more than once initially. Plus you can do full mag dumps out of the can they just say to let it cool back down in between, but also since the can is lighter and not a heavy chunk of steel from everything I have read and watched it cools down fast, like really fast compared to normal suppressors.

Later I plan on picking up a dedicated full-Auto rated 5.56 can. But for now this will cover all uses I need and excell at the being light part, plus the 30-40% recoil reduction isn't bad either when shooting the more powerful cartridges, especially when my fiancée goes hunting with me she hopefully won't be scared t shoot the .30-06.

To be fair all I have said is from research and others experience, like I said I don't have the can in my hands yet so I might feel different once I get it.
You'll like the harvester, it sounds fantastic.

Even with a spec war I won't do more than 2 full auto mags back to back, it just gets too damn hot and I don't want to burn the cerakote off

Olchevy

Woodsman
Aug 11, 2015
Spalding, GA
Zip code
You'll like the harvester, it sounds fantastic.

Even with a spec war I won't do more than 2 full auto mags back to back, it just gets too damn hot and I don't want to burn the cerakote off
I hope so, it's gonna be a long wait. I have to laugh before I get that can sometime around January I will probably have 4 in jail. I already have the Warlock 2 in jail as well as well for .22 pistols, and if my funds afford it I will have a Octane .45 and a SpecWar in jail before then. And SBRing two rifles.....

Is there a limit to how many NFA items you can have pending at once? If all goes as planned I will have 6 NFA items pending at the same time....

On a side note do people not coat their suppressor with high heat ceramic paint? I would think that could stand up to the high heat, most are rated for like 1,200 degrees.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I hope so, it's gonna be a long wait. I have to laugh before I get that can sometime around January I will probably have 4 in jail. I already have the Warlock 2 in jail as well as well for .22 pistols, and if my funds afford it I will have a Octane .45 and a SpecWar in jail before then. And SBRing two rifles.....

Is there a limit to how many NFA items you can have pending at once? If all goes as planned I will have 6 NFA items pending at the same time....
would the government limit you to how many times you can give them money? doubt it :)

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia

On a side note do people not coat their suppressor with high heat ceramic paint? I would think that could stand up to the high heat, most are rated for like 1,200 degrees.
it is high heat, and it gets insanely hot when going full auto.