Kalashnikov 400 Series

American Revival Apparel Company

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
do milled AK's have concentric threads and proper shoulders on the threads?
most if not all are bore concentric to my understanding. not 100% about the shoulders though. I guess that would depend on the manufacture. the biggest problem with most of them I thought was increased pressure
[DOUBLEPOST=1462287052][/DOUBLEPOST]"Proper" shoulders would also be can specific too... like I know Sigs cans are different than the majority for instance.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
most if not all are bore concentric to my understanding. not 100% about the shoulders though. I guess that would depend on the manufacture. the biggest problem with most of them I thought was increased pressure
[DOUBLEPOST=1462287052][/DOUBLEPOST]"Proper" shoulders would also be can specific too... like I know Sigs cans are different than the majority for instance.
Even Sigs will sit on a flat shoulder, the taper shoulder is just better for it.

All I want is a flat surface behind the threads that is actually barrel, not sight.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I keep my hand on the grip and reach under, maintaining sight on my target.

On my AR I have to lose contact with the sight of my target when charging. Do you have a better way to do it?

AR doesn't require the charging handle on a reload...only the bolt release which is conveniently placed on the left hand side of the magwell.

Reactions: EugenFJR

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
AR doesn't require the charging handle on a reload...only the bolt release which is conveniently placed on the left hand side of the magwell.
And if you happen to have a BAD lever your tactical coolness shoots through the roof!

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I was about to post this when I started reading that comment. My thoughts too.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
And if you happen to have a BAD lever your tactical coolness shoots through the roof!

I can't operate like that, bro!

In all seriousness, though - the BAD lever is a great idea but...

...once you get used to it, does that mean that every lower has to have one? Also, what if it falls off?

ARs reload pretty damn quick anyway. I get why for competition but I'd rather not have to think too much in a self-defense situation. Better to train on the standard setup just in case.

Reactions: Strider12