Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I'll never understand the love affair some of you have with the AK.

Albeit cool, all I see is a wannabe AR with a shity mag release, stupid reciprocating charging handle hanging off the side and heavy outdated bullets traveling too fast to be effective on soft targets.

I guess it was cool when the Germans designed it 70 years ago.

Reactions: PewPewPewCo

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

Albeit cool, all I see is a wannabe AR with a shity mag release, stupid reciprocating charging handle hanging off the side and heavy outdated bullets traveling too fast to be effective on soft targets.

37388f311559906ac0060f71b216d391.jpg

Reactions: Shemp and dougiemac

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code

you forgot to add that the charging handle is on the wrong side for 80% of the population. to charge the weapon, it requires you to remove your dominant hand or perform some awkward reach around.

however, the mere sight/thought of one drives liberals into a shit tantrum, and that alone is a great reason to own one.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
you forgot to add that the charging handle is on the wrong side for 80% of the population. to charge the weapon, it requires you to remove your dominant hand or perform some awkward reach around.

however, the mere sight/thought of one drives liberals into a shit tantrum, and that alone is a great reason to own one.
Pure trolling. I love AKs and NWS has more than I do.

Reactions: Shemp and dougiemac

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Eh, still looks like they are trying to make it ARish. I don't hate it but if they offered it with wood I'd like it better

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Manufacturers, been seeing more and more with synthetic stocks and rails from the factory.

I'll admit I like the sights on this one though.
Ahh well the polymer furniture is not new to the AKM platform by any means... The rails are though. They're also ghey.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia

I keep my hand on the grip and reach under, maintaining sight on my target.

On my AR I have to lose contact with the sight of my target when charging. Do you have a better way to do it?

Reactions: Leshaire

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I keep my hand on the grip and reach under, maintaining sight on my target.

On my AR I have to lose contact with the sight of my target when charging. Do you have a better way to do it?

Try running a BCM gunfighter charging handle, that should help a lot. I put them on all of my AR's.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
ill care about AK's when they have concentric thread patterns and shoulders.

love em, but wont own them till they are readily suppressable

Reactions: Leshaire