Is anyone else meh about suppressors?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
If they wernt regulated and after the initial cost of increased manufacturing the price on many cans would go down. There would be some new stuff that would demand a premium but from a pure manufacturing standpoint (not including R&D and overhead) can should be significantly cheaper to produce. A SS can doesnt cost 1000 to make. IF they are deregulated and manufacturing catches up to demand there should be a significant drop in price.
$1000 cans are titanium, inconel, and/or stellite

All SS rifle cans are usually your cheaper brands like Lane or Thompson machine.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Or lower my prices ;)
Suppressor buyers want the newest tech, because it's a lifetime investment the cheaper cans with older tech often don't sell. AAC liquidated its left over cans before their move to Alabama at stupid low prices and it had to be crazy low to actually move them.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
$1000 cans are titanium, inconel, and/or stellite

All SS rifle cans are usually your cheaper brands like Lane or Thompson machine.
thank you for pointing that out. I probably wont ever get a can so I dont really keep up with them.

my point I was getting at though was that from a material and manufacturing standpoint a can costs significantly less to manufacture than a gun assuming your manufacturing enough, which if they were deregulated would be a huge increase in demand.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Hmmm, movie projector, vcr, dvd. Maybe if there is no illegal tax stamp, etc. I can buy your old vcr's to enjoy.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Also this thread deserves full on FUDD alert now.
Suppressor buyers want the newest tech, because it's a lifetime investment the cheaper cans with older tech often don't sell. AAC liquidated its left over cans before their move to Alabama at stupid low prices and it had to be crazy low to actually move them.
they do now because that is how the system works because of the $200 per can tax. If they were not regulated I think it would be different. Some people might but one $1000 suppressor but some might prefer 10 $100 suppressors. Kind of like buying a knife..

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
they do now because that is how the system works because of the $200 per can tax. If they were not regulated I think it would be different. Some people might but one $1000 suppressor but some might prefer 10 $100 suppressors. Kind of like buying a knife..
Go to England or Sweden and see what their cheap cans look like. They usually suck and are made from much cheaper materials. Use them for one or two seasons and then dump it.

Reactions: DoglegArms
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
By the way I'm a huge sucker for the latest and greatest technology and I would be the guy with the 1 $1000 can most likely. I just bought a rugged obsidian which i can't wait to get my hands on.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
But that's not really the point I was trying to make. Barring all the regulations, if someone wanted to make a great (not the latest and greatest) silencer for very cheap it wouldn't be that difficult or expensive provided there is enough demand.

I'm at my computer now. Barring all regulations, I can build a house cheaper than anybody. Fuck contractors, electricians, plumbers, and their crafts. I can do it cheaper than them because I have a hammer and pliers. A house is a house is a house. Is that the point you're trying to make? If so, you can go away knowing you made your point.

Exactly what cans do you own that you think there's been little change from the original Maxim silencer?

What do you do for a living? I bet I can do it cheaper than you get paid.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
By the way I'm a huge sucker for the latest and greatest technology and I would be the guy with the 1 $1000 can most likely. I just bought a rugged obsidian which i can't wait to get my hands on.
Hats a great can. I'm planning on getting one after the suppressor Panic does down.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I'm at my computer now. Barring all regulations, I can build a house cheaper than anybody. Fuck contractors, electricians, plumbers, and their crafts. I can do it cheaper than them because I have a hammer and pliers. A house is a house is a house. Is that the point you're trying to make? If so, you can go away knowing you made your point.

Exactly what cans do you own that you think there's been little change from the original Maxim silencer?

Yea well I can drink more beer than you

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

Hahaha. I build houses. I'm sure you could do it cheaper... You don't have to make it personal. Just having a fun discussion. I'm sure you are still selling plenty of silencers right now and I hope you continue to

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
7a879af1f0ce6ba80073925cda2104bd.jpg

Got 4 wheels just like all the other cars

Turns like all the other cars

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code

Deep breaths, no one is knocking your products. We know that you are skilled in your trade and are trying to make a living like everyone else. All we are saying is that if cans were deregulated, prices would go down. Just like any other market, from commodities to booze during the 20's.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Deep breaths, no one is knocking your products. We know that you are skilled in your trade and are trying to make a living like everyone else. All we are saying is that if cans were deregulated, prices would go down. Just like any other market, from commodities to booze during the 20's.
Agreed; Sorry, but I find it very hard to believe that even the most technologically advanced can made of unobtanium should cost more than $450 on a good day ... during a panic .... on the moon

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
Hahaha. I build houses. I'm sure you could do it cheaper... You don't have to make it personal. Just having a fun discussion. I'm sure you are still selling plenty of silencers right now and I hope you continue to
How am I making this personal? You started this argument with me. My point is deregulation itself will not drop the prices of silencers AT FIRST. And it won't, even if outsourced to China. It will take some time before prices drop SIGNIFICANTLY. Those are key words in CAPS I used in my previous posts. Machines, their maintenance, labor, and raw materials will still cost the manf the same.

This isn't about me selling silencers. I make very little money off this forum. I've been trying to provide a service to those who never purchased a can before by making the process less intimidating and affordable.