High Risk Civilian Contractor: Direct Action

American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Video of the High Risk Civilian Contractor: Direct Action with a little SoutheastTraders love at 1:28. :)

HuskyLab

Hunter
Jul 5, 2015
Video of the High Risk Civilian Contractor: Direct Action with a little SoutheastTraders love at 1:28. :)

I noticed that when this vid came out! Is that you? (No, I don't know if dougie is black. Never met him in person)

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
What exactly are we seeing here? High volume of fire to suppress or break contact? What are the prerequisites for attendance of such a class?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
"Our Fighting Rifle class (within one year) and HRCC Small Unit Tactics are pre-requisites for anyone who has not been in a deployable status on a Tier One SOCCOM unit within the last calendar year. This is non-negotiable."

Glad to see the prerequisites listed. I attended a local class last year that implemented some minor team movement. Most of the attendees had no prior training. I came uncomfortably close to getting shot in the back. I won't be attending any other training with that instructor, ever. Lol at "Tier One SOCCOM" waiver though.

Reactions: rOmiLaYu

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
"Our Fighting Rifle class (within one year) and HRCC Small Unit Tactics are pre-requisites for anyone who has not been in a deployable status on a Tier One SOCCOM unit within the last calendar year. This is non-negotiable."

Glad to see the prerequisites listed. I attended a local class last year that implemented some minor team movement. Most of the attendees had no prior training. I came uncomfortably close to getting shot in the back. I won't be attending any other training with that instructor, ever. Lol at "Tier One SOCCOM" waiver though.

So you were at that class?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
sorry. I got confused.
No problem. Whenever I see a class that involves that much movement, team tactics and volume of fire, I always think about my previous experience. My example was with novice shooters or more accurately, they had no prior formal training. The class went from 0-60 in one day and most of them weren't prepared. I saw numerous safety concerns that day, culminating with me being paired with a train wreck of a partner for the final drill. During a transition, he was literally dual wielding his carbine and pistol, with the pistol pointed squarely at my back. I didn't know who I wanted to throat punch worse, the student or the instructor that let it happen. Lesson learned: never take a class without vetted prerequisites and wear body armor if any team tactics are involved.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I know, I know...but I'm going to do it anyway.

Does that read to anyone else like they are equating taking two classes with them as being on the same level as "Tier One SOCCOM"?

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Hence, my previous "LOL".
Not to mention that ignoring the training and service of the rest of the SOCOM community and just honoring the previous experience of the JSOC guys seems pretty demeaning. I guarantee you that just about every SEAL, Ranger, and PJ out there are way more qualified to run the course than some guy who "took two courses".

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I know, I know...but I'm going to do it anyway.

Does that read to anyone else like they are equating taking two classes with them as being on the same level as "Tier One SOCCOM"?
I can see what you're saying but it didn't come across to me as that.

It came across more as if you're an F1 driver then you don't have to take our drivers Ed course to do this class because you already know where the gas and brake pedals are.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I can see what you're saying but it didn't come across to me as that.

It came across more as if you're an F1 driver then you don't have to take our drivers Ed course to do this class because you already know where the gas and brake pedals are.
Fair enough....but by specifically calling out Delta and DEVGRU like that, I don't think your comparison holds up.

Last edited: