High Risk Civilian Contractor: Direct Action

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Not to mention that ignoring the training and service of the rest of the SOCOM community and just honoring the previous experience of the JSOC guys seems pretty demeaning. I guarantee you that just about every SEAL, Ranger, and PJ out there are way more qualified to run the course than some guy who "took two courses".
Not even just them, I suspect most Army and Marine infantry are more than capable of handling this kind of training.

I mean there are thousands out there with several deployments that I think could handle this class. Hell even some SWAT team members are probably pretty capable.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Not even just them, I suspect most Army and Marine infantry are more than capable of handling this kind of training.

I mean there are thousands out there with several deployments that I think could handle this class. Hell even some SWAT team members are probably pretty capable.
There are a lot of grunts out there that don't move or shoot particularly well. I had a recent experience with a 11B who had done two tours, but couldn't hit a man size target from standing at 100m on iron sights.

I'm not defending this course. James yaeger does his thing, seems happy and really doesn't hurt anyone. If he's happy and not doing me harm, god bless him.
That said, those 'prerequisites' read to me as puffery and sales pitch. He wants you to pay for other courses first and he's instilled the thought that this is a serious course for 'operators'.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
That said, those 'prerequisites' read to me as puffery and sales pitch. He wants you to pay for other courses first and he's instilled the thought that this is a serious course for 'operators'.
Yeah, that's my issue as well. I have zero problem with him requiring his own courses as prerequisites. If I was running a training outfit, I'd do the same thing. It assures that the student has the level of competency you feel that they need...and they have it via your instruction. That part makes sense.

It's when you equate your training to the level of "Tier 1 SOCCOM." It's insulting for a few reasons but the principle among them is that it is insulting to the men and women who are equally capable of taking a class that are somehow being discredited while the people who took the classes are somehow now elevated to Secret Squirrel status and allowed to participate. Besides, if people properly understood what the term Tier 1 actually means and how infinitesimally small their numbers are in comparison to the rest of the war machine in our country across all five branches, I think much less would be thought about them....and even further most these guys couldn't even prove to you that they were in a JSOC outfit anyways...at least for another 25 years anyhow.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Yeah, that's my issue as well. I have zero problem with him requiring his own courses as prerequisites. If I was running a training outfit, I'd do the same thing. It assures that the student has the level of competency you feel that they need...and they have it via your instruction. That part makes sense.

It's when you equate your training to the level of "Tier 1 SOCCOM." It's insulting for a few reasons but the principle among them is that it is insulting to the men and women who are equally capable of taking a class that are somehow being discredited while the people who took the classes are somehow now elevated to Secret Squirrel status and allowed to participate. Besides, if people properly understood what the term Tier 1 actually means and how infinitesimally small their numbers are in comparison to the rest of the war machine in our country across all five branches, I think much less would be thought about them....and even further most these guys couldn't even prove to you that they were in a JSOC outfit anyways...at least for another 25 years anyhow.
I have my doubts as to how many, if any, actual SOCOM / JSOC members would even entertain the idea of a class taught by people who did not have similar, prior military experience.

And it sounded to me exactly as 1776 described. Marketing.

The class itself is probably a good evolution for prior students who meet the prerequisites. But that course description, especially the waiver statement, just sat wrong with me.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I have my doubts as to how many, if any, actual SOCOM / JSOC members would even entertain the idea of a class taught by people who did not have similar, prior military experience.
^^^ Clearly not Tier 1 SOCCOM.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Nevermind

Last edited:

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
There were mainly civilians in the class with a good handful of former military and former special forces guys in the class and one that was the elite of the elite that still does some work.

Last edited: