FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Let me try removing the finish first, if I fuck it up I'll send it to you.

I didn't realize that the Smith slide was stainless till I watched that video. In that case there's really no point in cerakoting if you want the stainless look. Just bead blast that bad boy.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I didn't realize that the Smith slide was stainless till I watched that video. In that case there's really no point in cerakoting if you want the stainless look. Just bead blast that bad boy.

I dont have an air compressor so I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way. Soaking it in vinegar and then using a 1000 grit sanding sponge.

Reactions: FatAlbert

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I dont have an air compressor so I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way. Soaking it in vinegar and then using a 1000 grit sanding sponge.
Where are you located? I could bead blast it

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I think if you are already having the slide milled for a reddot then why not. If I ever have my slide milled for one I'll probably get some front serrations put on.

Otherwise it's not worth the hassle and cost to me.
Idk about this. I had my 19 slide sent off ages ago for a RMR cut out, which was like $125 or so and then $50 to cerakote I think. The milling was HUNDREDS more. I said fuck it and didn't do it.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Idk about this. I had my 19 slide sent off ages ago for a RMR cut out, which was like $125 or so and then $50 to cerakote I think. The milling was HUNDREDS more. I said fuck it and didn't do it.
I can't remember wher I saw it. It it was a reputable company that would add on front serrations for $75.

I honestly think if I ever get a reddot I would just sell my 19 and buy a MOS model

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I can't remember wher I saw it. It it was a reputable company that would add on front serrations for $75.

I honestly think if I ever get a reddot I would just sell my 19 and buy a MOS model

I will save you the trouble right now. After owning both an MOS and a cut up 19 slide. The MOS mounting isn't nearly as nice, tight, low, etc as milling a slide.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I'm with @Leshaire on this. The MOS models sound great in theory, but your optic is mounted much higher, you have to add the Glock plates for your optic of choice and they do not fit as tightly as having a slide milled properly for your optic.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I'm with @Leshaire on this. The MOS models sound great in theory, but your optic is mounted much higher, you have to add the Glock plates for your optic of choice and they do not fit as tightly as having a slide milled properly for your optic.
Honestly I've never thought of that. Did you buy a new slide or have yours cut? And who did you use?

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
If you really want to mount a red dot, get it professionally milled. If you are not sure you will enjoy it, buy a cheap mount plate that fits the dovetail.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Honestly I've never thought of that. Did you buy a new slide or have yours cut? And who did you use?

I had mine cut by JagerWerks. I found them on IG. They did great work and gave me some freebies which was cool.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rwjeter

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code

I don't have a milled Glock at the moment, had one milled out a couple years ago and traded it off as I'm just not a Glock guy in general. I had an MOS for a short time and wasn't impressed. Wouldn't co-witness properly with suppressor height sights. People are also demanding a premium for the MOS. It's the same price or potentially cheaper to get a Glock and just sent it off for and RMR milling and cerkote than it is to buy an MOS.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Also, it pays to mount the MRDS all the way back on the slide and have a new dovetail for your sights cut in front of the MRDS. All sorts of gunk get thrown ferociously at your lens, especially if shooting suppressed, and the rear sight can help protect it. Also, a number of sights are adjustable from the rear. If you mount the MRDS in front of the rear sight, you can't access the elevation adjustment while the sight is installed.

Reactions: Red Dawn

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
IMG_6989__10941.1455412115.1280.1280.jpg

Vortex_Venom_001__51876.1488747531.1280.1280.jpg

Reactions: Rwjeter and Jake

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I don't have a milled Glock at the moment, had one milled out a couple years ago and traded it off as I'm just not a Glock guy in general. I had an MOS for a short time and wasn't impressed. Wouldn't co-witness properly with suppressor height sights. People are also demanding a premium for the MOS. It's the same price or potentially cheaper to get a Glock and just sent it off for and RMR milling and cerkote than it is to buy an MOS.
I've been reading good things about this company.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-posts/reflex-mini-sight

Apparently they are a British company who made or makes sights the British military use. The reviews I've read have all been good and the price is much lower than a Delta point pro or RMR. They sell a MOS plate made for their sight that allows co-witness. I've been tempted to get one and buy a MOS Glock. It would be more cost effective than getting milled I think. I just plan to wait for more real world reviews. @Leshaire have you seen these yet?

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I've been reading good things about this company.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-posts/reflex-mini-sight

Apparently they are a British company who made or makes sights the British military use. The reviews I've read have all been good and the price is much lower than a Delta point pro or RMR. They sell a MOS plate made for their sight that allows co-witness. I've been tempted to get one and buy a MOS Glock. It would be more cost effective than getting milled I think. I just plan to wait for more real world reviews. @Leshaire have you seen these yet?

I like the fact that that co-witnesses with standard sights. I'm assuming it's a lower 1/3 co-witness? Not sure how well that would work with someone running a suppressor if it was a true co-witness.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I like the fact that that co-witnesses with standard sights. I'm assuming it's a lower 1/3 co-witness? Not sure how well that would work with someone running a suppressor if it was a true co-witness.
I don't know that. I'm right handed and left eye dominant so I am wanting to try a reddot to see if it make things easier for me.