Glock Slide Options

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I think if you are already having the slide milled for a reddot then why not. If I ever have my slide milled for one I'll probably get some front serrations put on.

Otherwise it's not worth the hassle and cost to me.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
There's plenty of options. You can buy the MOS factory Glock ready for red dot installation. You can send your slide off to get milled for 1/3 the price of some of those slides. So you want a lighter unique Glock I can understand that but $750 for an extra slide seems a bit much to me.

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
I've seen guys put thousands into those Zev Glocks between slide, trigger, barrel, and stipple...fucking ridiculous and makes the gun look like a toy. However, the triggers are nice.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
With the exception of milling for a red dot and maybe some front serrations, it's a waste for me. I'd rather put that money in a trigger and maybe a grip reduction....... Or maybe some 22lr.....

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I would actually like to see options for other firearms as well. I want a stainless slide for my Shield but they dont make bi tone shields.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
With the exception of milling for a red dot and maybe some front serrations, it's a waste for me. I'd rather put that money in a trigger and maybe a grip reduction....... Or maybe some 22lr.....
True you could get a 22 conversion kit and mags for that price and plink for cheap

Reactions: Rwjeter

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I would actually like to see options for other firearms as well. I want a stainless slide for my Shield but they dont make bi tone shields.
There's always a kote job for that if you wanted to.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
@fyroc maybe bead blasting and/or polishing would be a good look you're after

The main reason is because I always scratch the shit out of my carry guns and just dont want it to be as noticeable. I've only had the damned thing for 4 months and the blueing is already coming off. Bead blasting may work. I hear the near ones have an odd color in the more hardened places of the slide. I be a bead blast + titanium coat would look great. My only problem is that it's my carry gun and everywhere I looked that does it has a month plus waiting time. I guess I could just use my J Frame until it's finished.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
The main reason is because I always scratch the shit out of my carry guns and just dont want it to be as noticeable. I've only had the damned thing for 4 months and the blueing is already coming off. Bead blasting may work. I hear the near ones have an odd color in the more hardened places of the slide. I be a bead blast + titanium coat would look great. My only problem is that it's my carry gun and everywhere I looked that does it has a month plus waiting time. I guess I could just use my J Frame until it's finished.
They should provide a loaner so you can show off their work till you get yours back.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
That looks good too. I've had a couple sights replaced on M&P the gunsmith tends to hate them. They are the toughest to remove.
Instead of a bead blast I bet I could do it by hand. Soak it in vinegar over night and just polish it until it comes off. Worst case, I'll have to coat it.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
$450 glock 21
$200 slide milling and cerakote
$200 glock threaded barrel
$40ish for connector and springs
Probably $1000 or more in ammo put through it

Not too bad for a fun suppressor host. Still cheaper than a 1911 thats worth a fuck. Dont get me wrong, i really want a threaded 1911. There just arent any out there that are worth it that are under $1000

IMG_1596.JPG

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I could Cerakote it titanium and have it back in a day or two.