Glock Slide Options

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Did you not shoot @Leshaire's G19 with RMR at the IV8888 range day?
I did. I didn't shoot it too much but I liked it. I want to put some time in with one to see if it helps me enough to justify the cost.

I've been thinking of getting a Burris FastFire for my Victory .22 as a testbed and get accustomed to a reddot before I put one on my go-to Glock.

I've also been considering a reddot on my shotgun for the same reason, I want to be able to keep both eyes open when dove hunting.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I've been reading good things about this company.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-posts/reflex-mini-sight

Apparently they are a British company who made or makes sights the British military use. The reviews I've read have all been good and the price is much lower than a Delta point pro or RMR. They sell a MOS plate made for their sight that allows co-witness. I've been tempted to get one and buy a MOS Glock. It would be more cost effective than getting milled I think. I just plan to wait for more real world reviews. @Leshaire have you seen these yet?

Yeah I saw them when they first came out. Pricey for an unproven dot imo. Another $150 ish and you have the most proven dot on the market. Just my two cents.

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah I saw them when they first came out. Pricey for an unproven dot imo. Another $150 ish and you have the most proven dot on the market. Just my two cents.

That's why I'm waiting for more reviews, It will be next year before I'm ready to buy something like that anyway. The reason I like that one instead of just getting a RMR is that I can get a MOS Glock and it will co-witness without having to get Suppresor height sights. It would end up much cheaper because I wouldn't have to pay for slide work and buy new sights.

It looks like the new generation RMR has fixed some of the issues the last had which is good. It's just a lot of money for an optic that costs more than the Glock did.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I've been reading good things about this company.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-posts/reflex-mini-sight

Apparently they are a British company who made or makes sights the British military use. The reviews I've read have all been good and the price is much lower than a Delta point pro or RMR. They sell a MOS plate made for their sight that allows co-witness. I've been tempted to get one and buy a MOS Glock. It would be more cost effective than getting milled I think. I just plan to wait for more real world reviews. @Leshaire have you seen these yet?
I'd be worried about the polymer lens scratching.

Reactions: Leshaire

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I'd be worried about the polymer lens scratching.

I agree. Depends on the material though. My glasses have plastic lenses and after having them three years, 2 of them with my kid messing with them, I don't have any scratches yet.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Oh I'll post em up. Worst comes to worst im out an already home stippled frame lol

That little bastard makes me want a shield in the worst kind of way. The only thing missing is a threaded barrel.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
@Leshaire @Rwjeter I just did some googling. The British army bought 20k sights from that company to mount on their ELCANs. It's not the pistol sight but it does give me some confidence in the company if the Brits are using them.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
That little bastard makes me want a shield in the worst kind of way. The only thing missing is a threaded barrel.

Haha yeah. I can't use them for shit. Hands are too bulky for those little buggers. 26 with a +2 is as small as I go and still able to hold on.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
@Leshaire @Rwjeter I just did some googling. The British army bought 20k sights from that company to mount on their ELCANs. It's not the pistol sight but it does give me some confidence in the company if the Brits are using them.

Buy one and tell us how it is lol!! I dig it, but shit it's more than the vortex version which is known to be good and they have the best warranties.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Buy one and tell us how it is lol!! I dig it, but shit it's more than the vortex version which is known to be good and they have the best warranties.

I may end up doing that. If it has good reviews next year I'll probably get one and try it out. Worst case it's garbage, I sell the MOS Glock and put the optic on a range toy. I don't mind spending RMR money if I have to, but if this one ends up being a good one I'd be happy to save the money.