GA Firing Line

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Since some people never leave the tread....

I hate to be an "I told you so!", but I was. The economic effect of the sanctiones boomeranging back on the West is and will be devastating.
This guy writes for the Economist, pushed for sanctions, a famous economist:
"Unless we cut a deal with Putin, with the removal of sanctions as a component, I see a danger of the world becoming subject to two trading blocs: the west and the rest. Supply chains will be reorganised to stay within them. Russia’s energy, wheat, metals, and rare earths will still be consumed, but not here. We keep the Big Macs.

I am not sure the west is ready to confront the consequences of its actions: persistent inflation, reduced industrial output, lower growth, and higher unemployment. To me, economic sanctions look like the last hurrah of a dysfunctional concept known as the west. The Ukraine war is a catalyst of massive de-globalisation."

It may be the worst thing we ever did, or it may turn out to be the best. Like ripping off a bandaid.

I can see how we could devolve quickly - if we don't go all the way, we could possibly bounce back as a more self-sufficient entity, sans empire.

That is, I believe what the Founders intended. Unfortunately devastated countries don't usually come back to life as free republics.

Last edited:

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
91Xu+eLZOqL._SL1500_.jpg

3clicks_Off

Practicing Freedom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 1, 2016
Cartersville
Zip code
I know one of you weirdo Heath nut Bang Kool aid drinkers got $20 to blow on some bullshit man cave decor

Last edited:

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
nope, hopefully it's good. at least there is an age statement on the bottle and it's 90 proof, so those are good signs.

I actually like it. Reminds me of Angels Envy. Very smooth. Good for sippin'.

Put 4 cubes of ice in the next pour and very drinkable. Me likey.