Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Good luck finding used for not new price now. Is usually better to go new.
What colors are you looking at? I’m pretty well versed in Kubota. Knowing the models and working on them at work. Let me know if you need help spending your money.
Yessir, used market seems to be mostly high hrs & poorly maintained.

I appreciate any insight, and as for brand I'm honestly color-blind when it comes to any of the big names since damn near all come with the same Yanmar engines and share similar production lines overseas.

Hate to get into tier 4 (already deal with that crap at work), but kinda have to when getting into 72" finish mower territory ... unless of course you have some info on a 25hp platform that will actually run a 72" FM on PTO ;)

Been looking at all the colors; JD, Kubota, Massey, Bobcat/Kioti, Mahindra, BadBoy/Branson/Kukje/YTM, Yanmar, etc.

There's good sized Kubota, JD & BadBoy retailers just down the road, but like I said, not married to a color, but may need to go green or orange for warranty work convenience :noidea:

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Any Kubota you look at will be a letter and some numbers in the model. The frame sizes are BX,B,LX,L,MX,M. BX is a glorified lawnmower, M is basically an ag tractor. To run a 72” finish mower, I’d look at the LX at least. Possibly an L. Tier 4 is here to stay unfortunately. Only way around that is an older unit, pre 2014ish I believe. And they are going for top dollar.

As for the numbers in the model, the first 2 are hp with the second two being trim level for lack of a better word. 00 and 01 are base models, 10,20,30,40 so on are more deluxe within their age range.
I think JD is similar, but the numbers are flipped.
Yessir, and I grew up with a 70's model Kubota on the farm I helped work, just wish they were as good as they were back then.

That said, they are sure proud of that orange paint these days (just like JD), I about lost it when I saw avg $10k over others. My wife really likes the A/C cab version, think it's an LX that gets the cab on the compacts, wld have to go back and look, but she's pretty adamant that if she doesn't have a really good canopy or cab with A/C, I'll be SOL having her help me with yard chores ;)

In her defense, she's super light-skinned & would be burnt to a crisp without a gallon of SPF 50,000, so a cab or canopy is a must to get her out on the property ....

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yea they ‘spensive. Kubota just had 2 price jumps within this year.... COVID. The LX is the smallest you can get a factory cab on. 26 or 33 hp. I had a 2610 for about a year, I under bought. But was able to sell it with very minimal loss, like right at $1000. View attachment 147434
The LX. Trailer is 16’ long.

To get a cab in an L you have to go to a grand L, lots of bells and whistles. And the lowest hp is 35, so that’s gets you DPF and the need to regenerate.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but I need to be in the 30-35HP range to run a 72" finish mower, correct?

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yea they ‘spensive. Kubota just had 2 price jumps within this year.... COVID. The LX is the smallest you can get a factory cab on. 26 or 33 hp. I had a 2610 for about a year, I under bought. But was able to sell it with very minimal loss, like right at $1000. View attachment 147434
The LX. Trailer is 16’ long.

To get a cab in an L you have to go to a grand L, lots of bells and whistles. And the lowest hp is 35, so that’s gets you DPF and the need to regenerate.
Sorry to back-track, but when you say you "under-bought", what portion was missing for you? HP/Implement capacity, such as backhoe or loader capacity, or just all in general? I only ask as you highlight my main concern of buying enough ass for the long haul (buy once, cry once scenario).