Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Faktory 47

Smallsocks

Woodsman
Dec 20, 2021
atlanta
I really wish we had a good sandwich shop here. Like a really GOOD one. I don't care for the northern states but NY, NJ, etc have the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life and the ones here are good, but they ain't NY GOOD.

I want to get this, HERE.

View attachment 147000 View attachment 147001
i would love to open a sammich shop here as we really lack sammich shops. Closest one for me is dave's cosmic subs. Also no one makes a good hot italian in atl. Kinda sad

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
i would love to open a sammich shop here as we really lack sammich shops. Closest one for me is dave's cosmic subs. Also no one makes a good hot italian in atl. Kinda sad
I really don't know how they do it, (meaning how they make money and survive) the really good ones bake their own bread and cure their own meats. But the final product is phenomenal!

You're right, last time we were in Buckhead, we stopped at a place that got really good reviews...most of the food was pretty good, but the Italian Beef kinda sucked.

If you're ever down my way on a weekend, hit me up...I've been known to make a killer Italian Beef, but cooking the meat is a 2 day process so I don't make it very often...

I'll make my own corned beef and pastrami also, but it's a 10-14 day cure so I have to plan that well in advance. AND my wife and kid don't eat it so I know I'm having corned beef and pastrami everyday for a week when I make it lol

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
The one on P'tree Ind right outside the Perimeter has been around forever.

Just two words.

Italian Battalion.

So good!

Yes, that was my goto when we had Baldino's here.

We have Larry's Giant Subs here and it's really good. Better than the others we have here. I think The Big One=Italian Battalion basically.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I really wish we had a good sandwich shop here. Like a really GOOD one. I don't care for the northern states but NY, NJ, etc have the best sandwiches I've ever had in my life and the ones here are good, but they ain't NY GOOD.

I want to get this, HERE.

View attachment 147000 View attachment 147001

So this place was somewhere in Jersey, near to NYC. What I can tell you is, I'm pretty sure we ate lunch with some people who are in the Mafia or the Mob. Are those terms interchangeable? We walked in, there's a line, all the tables are full. A guy greeted us, slicked hair, leather jacket, thick accent. We got about 8 people with us. He yells to the guys at the back table who were all built like tree trunks, "Hey Vinnie, our friends need 2 tables!" And they all got up and let us sit there.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
All of this talk of real deli sandwiches.
My first experience was in the Marine Air Terminal @ LaGuardia 25 years ago.
I ordered a ham, turkey and cheese. The thing was so huge I took half of it back to the room for dinner. That place is still in business.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I really don't know how they do it, (meaning how they make money and survive) the really good ones bake their own bread and cure their own meats. But the final product is phenomenal!

You're right, last time we were in Buckhead, we stopped at a place that got really good reviews...most of the food was pretty good, but the Italian Beef kinda sucked.

If you're ever down my way on a weekend, hit me up...I've been known to make a killer Italian Beef, but cooking the meat is a 2 day process so I don't make it very often...

I'll make my own corned beef and pastrami also, but it's a 10-14 day cure so I have to plan that well in advance. AND my wife and kid don't eat it so I know I'm having corned beef and pastrami everyday for a week when I make it lol

Wow, you're hosting the paint correction party AND feeding us???

You're so generous!

Smallsocks

Woodsman
Dec 20, 2021
atlanta

you dont know me but im known to drive some mileage for good food!! Where are you btw? Also guy i used to do business with has said that boston is where you get good italian cuisine and hot italian sammiches!! I asked him any specific spots and he said they all make a good one haha

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
All of this talk of real deli sandwiches.
My first experience was in the Marine Air Terminal @ LaGuardia 25 years ago.
I ordered a ham, turkey and cheese. The thing was so huge I took half of it back to the room for dinner. That place is still in business.
People keep mentioning NY, but don't forget about South Philly.
And, if you're ever in Atlantic City, find The White House. I had cousins who had move to TX, when they came to visit on their return flight they brought home a full size paper grocery bag full of White House Italian hoagies. And by full I mean each sandwich was sticking a foot out of the bag.