Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
Metabolism I miss it. Was awesome till about 30, and it just keeps going down. Now over 40 I definately can not eat what I want. i workout regularly and still can not shed some fat. ah to be young again, of course when I was I did not care ate like crap and had a drinking problem............so I think we good here.

Good morning all
just wait till late 50s it sux

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Well friends I don’t know what to think. Got 2 Bulgarian Circle 10 fortay round waffle mags here.

One came from Atlantic, and the other from K-Var. But you’d never know they are supposed to be the same mag. They are as different as AKs and ARs.

Will the real Bulgy 40 round waffler please stand up? Why are these so different — even the angles (the bend of the mag) are totally different. What’s the deal?

View attachment 120377 View attachment 120378 View attachment 120379 View attachment 120380 View attachment 120381
5.45 mag (straighter one) and 7.62 mag (more curved).

Last edited:

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
This... your metabolism goes to 0% at 50. And I can't drink like I use to either. Beer night is only on Saturday night these days.

I heard this:

"when you hit thirty...."
"when you hit forty...."
"when you hit fifty...."

I called bs every time, saying my input simply had to match my output. It's math, plain and simple. If your metabolism slows, eat less. Want to eat more, get some exercise. I see guys my age that look like they're done. I see guys ten years older than me that still run marathons.

Like every other thing in life, it's part luck, and mostly work.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
just wait till late 50s it sux
Yup... I feel this also.

Yeah, getting old is a bummer. I look at a carb and gain weight.

The low carb thing (name a name, Adkins, keto, whatever) really works for me. But my wife has to be on board 'cause she's the one cooking. It was hard to do back when travelling a lot but not impossible. Problem is, one cheat meal and it sets me back for close to a week. I fell off the bandwagon last August. Gotta get back on.

I heard this:

"when you hit thirty...."
"when you hit forty...."
"when you hit fifty...."

I called bs every time, saying my input simply had to match my output. It's math, plain and simple. If your metabolism slows, eat less. Want to eat more, get some exercise. I see guys my age that look like they're done. I see guys ten years older than me that still run marathons.

Like every other thing in life, it's part luck, and mostly work.

Can someone tell this guy to stop bringing facts and logic into the equation so we can continue to wallow around in our self-pity???

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Morning K Klub.
Been working on that K98 stock I got from Liberty Tree Collectors. Turns out it's not as nice as I first thought. I pulled it out of the bix briefly when it arrived, and it looked like walnut. Once I had time to really check it out, it is not. Pretty light stuff, stained, but inletting and machining quite nice.

I sanded it, filed it (wrist and overall dimensions were a bit thick, more like an M48). I used aquafortis (yeah, old school) and a torch to get the stain right.

Been rubbing BLO on it for a couple days, I'll reassemble this weekend and post pics. I think it'll be nice.