Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code

I love this state.

" A bill granting drivers immunity for hitting protestors easily cleared an Oklahoma Senate committee recently on a 8-1 vote. Two others are pending in the state House."

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
Holy crap. That is unacceptable.

Do you have a backpacking stove? Wife and niece ate MREs and other stuff first trip. Mtn House second trip.
I dehydrate deer and veggie mix, ad ramen or Idahoan potatoes...

The store-bought meals are way expensive, you can make your own for cheap, and better quality. (chicken turns to granite if you dehydrate it though)

no way man this is my favorite woods food, all that salty goodness replenishing my electrolytes, warmth from the ramen and that good tuna protein!

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I heard this:

"when you hit thirty...."
"when you hit forty...."
"when you hit fifty...."

I called bs every time, saying my input simply had to match my output. It's math, plain and simple. If your metabolism slows, eat less. Want to eat more, get some exercise. I see guys my age that look like they're done. I see guys ten years older than me that still run marathons.

Like every other thing in life, it's part luck, and mostly work.

Yes, I'm well aware of this, eat less, and eat healthier. But I'm not in the same shape that I was in 25 years ago. I'm still held to a height and weight standard by the Army. My days of running are done, I have 117 military jumps, my knees are destroyed, and I have a slight curvature in my spine. I have run 14 miles while wearing a load bearing vest, jungle boots and carrying a M16 w/ a M203. Most of this run was done on fire breaks, meaning that I was running in deep sand. I'm pretty sure that I've proven to myself that I might be just a little tuffer than the average person.
I don't mind walking or doing road marches, but my body has run it's last mile, years ago.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I had one of those little esbit solid fuel stoves with me! I usually just cook on the fire though!

We each had Jetboil stoves at first - they are VERY efficient. Also bulky and heavy.

Swapped for MSR and a titanium 750ml mug. The small fuel can, stove fits in the 750 mug. Can't beat it. I love campfires, but you can't always build a fire, and it's slow.

Carrying a quart or two of water is ok, depending on the area. Having a water filter beats the heck out of carrying water though. (that just saved 5 lbs)

I'll have to look at the water bag I bought to go with my filter, I can't remember the brand, but it's freaking awesome and holds about two quarts.

2Glocks

Off base and off line
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 30, 2019
Your Mother’s House
Zip code
We each had Jetboil stoves at first - they are VERY efficient. Also bulky and heavy.

Swapped for MSR and a titanium 750ml mug. The small fuel can, stove fits in the 750 mug. Can't beat it. I love campfires, but you can't always build a fire, and it's slow.

Carrying a quart or two of water is ok, depending on the area. Having a water filter beats the heck out of carrying water though. (that just saved 5 lbs)

I'll have to look at the water bag I bought to go with my filter, I can't remember the brand, but it's freaking awesome and holds about two quarts.
Yeah I used @DeanMoriarty jet boil and I was badass!