GA Firing Line

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I just want to thank everyone for the kind words & prayers about Duke. By Wednesday morning his back legs weren't working at all. I contacted a mobile vet out of Loganville & she came to the house this morning. She agreed with me that it wasn't likely hip dysplasia since Duke had never shown any signs of it in his long life. She believes it was a nerve disease that I can't remember the name of that shows up in large breeds, particularly Shepherds in which the nerves in one or more legs basically just quit working in an extremely short period of time.

She & her assistant were incredibly kind & compassionate. I sat on the floor with Duke's head in my lap while she sedated him & then, once he was asleep, she euthanized his. Suz & I were able to be with him the whole time, He never struggled, yelped or showed any outward signs of suffering. We will, of course, be grieving for quite some time but the calm & gentle way his passing occurred was a blessing.

A special shout out to @dial1911 & @Axeman. You gentlemen know the kindness you've done to help me through this time.

Again, thank you everyone for listening & thinking of me during the passing of the one who has been my shadow & partner in crime for over a decade. Once more, SET has given me a great gift & shown itself to be a true community.
Sorry you had to go through that - the pain never goes away, but I hope that you find some peace in the wonderful times you had together and the memories you made.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
Fri-yay.

Mornin' gentlemen.

Safe travels Q!

Oh, and before I forget...

Rebecca-Black-Releases-Her-First-Music-Project-In-10-Years.jpg

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Told us to work through lunchtime and go home at 12. Yay!

Wife was pissy when I got home so I went back out to eat. Lunch is looking good so far. We'll see what her attitude is when I get back home

20220527_124654.jpg